AlanHo

Artist - I have always admired - even enjoyed - your choice of Avatars in the past. But not the current one - it looks as though you are trying to give me the evil eye (perhaps you are)

Where is the lovely feminine form we are more used to....... :rolleyes:

Here here, I think she has taken up witchcraft. :D

Artist - I have always admired - even enjoyed - your choice of Avatars in the past. But not the current one - it looks as though you are trying to give me the evil eye (perhaps you are)
Alan ~ I really love your avatar. Where/how did you obtain it... or is that a trade secret. ;)

I really love your avatar. Where/how did you obtain it... or is that a trade secret. ;)

once upon a time, I joined Windows Forum and was rather taken by the avatars of the members. I felt lonely and depressed because I didn't have one, so I ventured into the dark recesses of the internet in my quest. Lo and behold, after much searching, I found a site for free avatars upon which there were some animated signatures - but alas - there wasn't one for my name. However - it gave me the inspiration to search for an animated signature which included my name spelled correctly. Mr Google came along and volunteered to help me in my mission and after much searching using the search term "animated signatures" I found what my heart had yearned for.

However - and there always seems to be an "however" in the best fairy stories, the avatar was too big for the Forum in terms of file size. Here I was with the solution of my dreams and I couldn't use it.

I use Paint Shop Pro for graphic editing and the version I had at that time was bundled with a programme called JASC Animation Shop 3. I had never used the animation programme before - but fired with the burning desire to have my animated signature I loaded the beast and set about editing the animation by deleting some frames and reducing the overall size until at long last I got it down to the acceptable limit for the forum.

So I added it to my profile and have used it ever since - and have lived happily ever after.

Why don't you do the same - follow the yellow brick road to google land.

I did a quick spin on Google and came up with a signature (no doubt you can see it below!). B)

It may well get superseded at some later date. ;)

It's not there!!! Where has it gone? :0

It's back. Not sure what happened there. :blink:

I don't have enough knowledge/understanding. :(

I did a quick spin on Google and came up with a signature (no doubt you can see it below!). B) It may well get superseded at some later date. ;)

It's not there!!! Where has it gone? :0

It's back. Not sure what happened there. :blink:

I don't have enough knowledge/understanding. :(

Drat!!!! it's gone again.

Alan, Why does it keep disappearing? ........HELP!!

What is it - a picture of a mole....or rabbit?

I cannot help you with the techie stuff - it's so long ago I set my Avatar up I have quite forgotten how you do it and the proper parameters. One of the other lads here will surely leap to help a lovely damsel in distress. Might be tomorrow though if they have all drunk their cocoa or horlicks.

Drat!!!! it's gone again.

Why does it keep disappearing? ........HELP!!

It's disappearing as the site you're linking to doesn't allow hotlinking with images, ie it wont allow you to link via a url, you'll need to download it then upload it elsewhere.