Does your computer have a floppy drive?

Chris

Does your computer have a floppy drive?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does your computer have a floppy drive?

• Yes
    • No

I recently built a new computer and decided to omit the floppy drive. All my old floppy records and programmes are now backed up on an external hard drive, CD's or DVD's

A month later a friend asked me to edit some design work I did for him 9 years ago - and brought round the floppy disc I gave him for me to work from.

Fortunately - a friend had an external floppy drive I was able to borrow.

Hence the lesson is - if you decide that your next machine will not to have a floppy drive - make sure you copy all your old floppies to other media.

It used to be a very good and easy way to quickly transport some data between non-networked computers. Of course very limited size.

I still have a floppy drive on all my computers, but with the advance (and vast size capacities) of flash memory devices, there will be no more need for a floppy drive in my future computers. I still have a shoebox full of empty floppies - anyone?