They are on a totally different planet ll

“But I know that the right person to lead the country at this time of economic uncertainty is the man who led our economy through 10 years of economic growth, protecting us against previous global recessions. That person is Gordon Brown.
Margaret Beckett

She failed to say he also protected us against crocodiles, Llahsa fever, Tubercular bonk, falling sky and things that go bump in the night.

“But I know that the right person to lead the country at this time of economic uncertainty is the man who led our economy through 10 years of economic growth, protecting us against previous global recessions. That person is Gordon Brown.
Margaret Beckett

Yes but during that decade of steady growth, Brown put nothing away for a rainy day (when he was Chancellor) and as a result just when we need to have less taxes, he hasn't got the money to finance them without borrowing heavily like he did with the 10p by-election bribe where he borrowed an additional 2.7 billion pounds!

Problem for Labour was that having come up with the bribe, they expected to be praised for their generosity.

Increase the tax burden on the less well off during record inflation, offer them some of it back in the first year as a one off payment then stand back and expect thanks for your generosity. Yeah right like we're that thick.

Only career politicians who've never held down a proper job or had to run a home without benefit of a generous expense account could be so mind bogglingly crass.

Crewe and Nantwich sent a message.

We the electorate are not a bottomless financial resource to be squeezed dry to cover your crass uncontrolled profligacy. Learn to live within your means, you've milked the cow dry.

And that message goes to all parties, not just the current bunch of idiots !

Problem for Labour was that having come up with the bribe, they expected to be praised for their generosity.

Increase the tax burden on the less well off during record inflation, offer them some of it back in the first year as a one off payment then stand back and expect thanks for your generosity. Yeah right like we're that thick.

Only career politicians who've never held down a proper job or had to run a home without benefit of a generous expense account could be so mind bogglingly crass.

We the electorate are not a bottomless financial resource to be squeezed dry to cover your crass uncontrolled profligacy. Learn to live within your means, you've milked the cow dry.

Hear, hear!

I totally agree with every word in the above statement.

....................... .........................................

Unfortunately Cyclops knows full well that you are wrong and he will continue "getting on with the job". And this goes for most of the inmates of the Westminster Home for the Ethically Retarded.

I suspect we have reached something of a Cromwellian stage.

To mix metaphors, "The stables need cleansing", but where are we to find a Hercules?

Problem lies in a system where an unelected incompetent can end up running the country and can ensure that the cabinet is populated by his retinue of talentless " Yes boss, stroke of genius boss" boobies whose only discernible merit is that they'll never stand up to him and will agree with whatever he says no matter how daft it may be. Also having got his clammy hand on the wheel seems likely to hang on like grim death for the next couple of years despite what everybody else thinks or does. He only got the job because Bliar was too much of a wimp to sack him, in what way is this democracy ? At best it's a Brownocracy, government by one man who also happens to be the only man in the entire universe who genuinely believes him fit to run a country.

On the plus side he may consign the Labour party to the political wasteland for the next decade or so, whoever gets in next just has to be an improvement.

Except the Lib dems of course, if they get to run the country I'm leaving.

The whisperings about Milliband taking the helm make me laugh :lol:

He has even less personality, or maybe even talent, than Brown!

I thought the Millipeeds were there just to keep the inkwells topped up and to hand out the playtime milk and biscuits (and of course clean the blackboard between lessons).

I share the sentiments of Belatucadrus.

I get the feeling that if the Lib/Dems get in homosexuality may well become a compulsory item on the curriculum.

Your joking :blink:

I like their tax policies in particular scrapping the council tax and replacing it with income tax which I think is fairer.

I don't like their pro-European stance but would prefer it to Labour's wreckless tax and spend policies.

I like their tax policies in particular scrapping the council tax and replacing it with income tax which I think is fairer.

I think the best tax idea is to scrap it altogether and just let people pay for the services they use as thy use them. I know that there will be cries of outrage at this idea, but people would put greater value on things if they had to pay for them as they used them.

I fear, however, that this will never be because the denizens of the Westminster Asylum have for generations bought votes through taxation.

I can actually remember the days pre NHS and I am sure there was no great suffering from lack of medical care. lots of people were in BUPA type schemes.

Why have I got such a downer on the Lib dems ? Because up to recently their only policy had been to vote against the Tory party on every occasion regardless, even when they were right and their stance was in accord with stated Lib dem policy.

Until a couple of weeks ago when the new leader notes that Brown and the New Labs are terminally holed below the waterline and has suddenly done a quick 180 and decided he'll support Cameron if there's a hung parliament.

Wishy washy spineless unprincipled bunch who throw their support behind the likely winner in the vague hope that somebody will either listen to them or bring in proportional representation. A party less fit to wield power would be hard to find.

I think the best tax idea is to scrap it altogether and just let people pay for the services they use as thy use them. I know that there will be cries of outrage at this idea, but people would put greater value on things if they had to pay for them as they used them.

I fear, however, that this will never be because the denizens of the Westminster Asylum have for generations bought votes through taxation.

I can actually remember the days pre NHS and I am sure there was no great suffering from lack of medical care. lots of people were in BUPA type schemes.

Lots more were not and could NEVER have afforded it. My mother was a widow, and used to walk four mile each morning to take my sister to a child minder, and four miles in the evening to collect her. We just about managed to put cheap food on the table. BUPA, you Must be joking, I have never been able to afford that.

A party less fit to wield power would be hard to find.

Well in that case then I would say that no party is worth voting for :huh:

Now your "cooking with gas"!

Do you know why parties exist? And why they have Whips?

If an MP represented the views of his constituency he would vote as his constituents wished....not as directed by the whips.

Non party government is the answer.

andsome know how this works.

A party less fit to wield power would be hard to find.

Well in that case then I would say that no party is worth voting for :huh:

Now your "cooking with gas"!

If an MP represented the views of his constituency he would vote as his constituents wished....not as directed by the whips.

Non party government is the answer.

andsome know how this works.

:D

If your not joking (I can never tell) then it's not very democratic :(

I am certainly not joking about this, Curly. It is much too serious.

It is basically gang warfare.

There were traditionally two gangs ..the Tories and the Whigs. They were the upper crust of society because only the upper crust had a say. We oiks had to toe the line. But then another gang was formed by the labouring classes.

Just as in gang warefare bribes and threats and subterfuge are used. Sometimes people die as a result of it. The only thing that is important is that the gang leaders get their way and line their pockets by any means possible. I am convinced that there is more legislation enacted at the behest of "Lobbying" interests than in the interest of MPs constituents. Just look how the late leader of the current ruling gang has lined his pockets. In the case of this political gang warfare however the gang leaders are able to change the law to suit their own ends.

It is all presented as honourable and above board, but just look at what is being dredged up through the FoI act, and how the gangsters are fighting to keep it all under wraps.