Illegal?

Bluecow

Guest Nellie2

You are right it seriously looks like cracked software to me. for anyone who was wondering.... Bluecow has pointed out a site that is selling windows XP for £10.oo

This is the description

Microsoft windows xp pro comes with a valid, unused serial number with all copy's. All serials will work just as if you bought it from a shop. All windows upgrades will work and not fail with most copied windows as the cd key has not been used by any one else. Any problems, please email me at xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx regarding any matter about the software. Thanks for looking.

Sounds dodgy to me!!

I have removed the link for obvious reasons but thanks for bringing it to our attention bluecow :)

Personally I am not sure that the link should have been removed. Surely this is heading towards a 'Nannie Forum'. I think that we are all adult enough to make up our own minds. Personally I would not touch anything like that with a barge pole, but that is my own personal choice. I think that your intentions were good and honourable Nellie, but mistaken. You are in danger of becoming a mother hen.

Guest Nellie2

Andsome.... please see point 9 of the Windows forum Guidlines.

http://www.windowsforum.org/service/guidlines.php

My job is to moderate this forum and that is what I do..... it has nothing to do with being a mother hen as I know you are all capable of making up your own minds about stuff like that.

I haven't warned Bluecow for posting the link because I am sure it was done in all innocence in an effort to start a disscussion on the sort of rubbish that you can be sucked into on the internet if your not careful.

I think that we are all adult enough to make up our own minds

No doubt we are, but as I, and no doubt several others, also post on other forums and, where possible, put a link to this site on our "signatures" hoping people will visit and register here.

For those visitors/guests to click on what may be a dubious link (posted in all good faith I might add) wouldn't be acceptable surely?

Nellie and our team of Mods/Admins have a difficult enough time as it is anyway I guess, well done to all of you........it's appreciated :)

The trouble is that they are everywhere. I have seen them been sold from the back of vans at legitimate computer fairs. Windows X\P, office X\P, Windows 2000, Roxio platinum, dvd movies. The list goes on and on.

Our local Major car boot sale, it's massive, about 40 acres in size. Openly sell them from table tops and regional yellow is littered with them. :smart:

At the car boot sale they are £3 each. :ph34r:

I must apologise to one and all about the link I posted, sorry the link was posted as I couldn't believe that a auction house would blatantly offer such products after what's happened to other sites.

I was amazed because advertising like that was the equivalent of putting it in a shop window, not the same as a car boot sale (you know it's going to be dodgy).

Once again I apology and didn't mean to cause offence to anyone.

Guest Nellie2

That is exactly what I would have said if you hadn't have said it first Madboy. In fact it has given us the opportunity to have a little debate about moderating and various types of links so that can't be bad!!!!

As I said in my earlier post.... I was sure you posted the link in all innocence and you were making a good point. As Madboy has said.... that is what we are here for!! :)