The architect of our plight

I went and had another look at this :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-44...rdon-Brown.html

There is no wonder he will not apologise, he is a lifelong advocate and practitioner of freeloading. I wonder what happened to the offertory. What an example this man is (man? ....o.k.."thing" then).

I cannot post my full feelings about this xxxxxx on the forum without risking being banned. He should be locked up and the key thrown in the Thames.

I object to this language..............Would you use it with your wife around?

Yes I would use it, we both consider it to be extremely mild, and far worse words have been used on the forum. Words to do with bodily functions etc. In the interests of harmony however I will amend the post. :D

Yes I would use it, we both consider it to be extremely mild, and far worse words have been used on the forum. Words to do with bodily functions etc. In the interests of harmony however I will amend the post. :D

Next time the post will be trashed!

I'm not sure 'worst words have been used' - not that I have seen anyway.

This is as bad in my opinion - I hate the word but it frequently appears here without comment.

This is as bad in my opinion - I hate the word but it frequently appears here without comment.

I agree Alan. But either way I don't use that language myself and don't like it. Maybe it's because I am the only woman mod that I think these are not 'commonly used' words and as such should not be in general use on this forum. I would pick up anyone who spoke like that, family included.

Sorry this went off topic.........I'm done now.

Artist - I quite agree with you - except your statement that these words are not commonly used. Unfortunately, in today's society, that is clearly not true. Many people today cannot express themselves without a liberal helping of profanities.

I would be most pleased to see this forum take a stand and insist on certain standards - including eliminating the questionable practice by some posters of using a coupe of asterisks within 4 letter words to sneak a disguised extreme profanity into a post.

I am no prude - far from it - but I draw the line at using extreme profanities in mixed company and in public.

The word used there was one that I had in mind, another used regularly refers to the passing of wind, and yet another one refers to excreta. I still feel that the word that I used was relatively mild, but at least I did the right thing in deleting it when I was told that it had caused offence.

The word used there was one that I had in mind, another used regularly refers to the passing of wind, and yet another one refers to excreta. I still feel that the word that I used was relatively mild, but at least I did the right thing in deleting it when I was told that it had caused offence.

Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

Alan - I do realise that a huge number of people don't even seem to realise they are swearing - not a lot I can do about tht most of the time but I can on this forum. :rolleyes:

One thing that has always set this forum apart from many others is, in my opinion, the way in which obscenity and profanity are so rare.

Like the peculiar imports from across the water, they are very rarely used. I feel it is so nice that such things have not yet invaded WF, despite the fact that these things seem to be common currency "out there", even at he spiritual home of Lord Reeth, John Snagg and Ramond Baxter.

Much as I dislike the man intensley I would not hang him dry for some things he wrote as a young un, how many of us had totally different views when we were that age compared to now, I know I certainly had

Would you believe that many years ago I used to vote for them until I saw the light? :D

Much as I dislike the man intensley I would not hang him dry for some things he wrote as a young un, how many of us had totally different views when we were that age compared to now, I know I certainly had

Would you believe that many years ago I used to vote for them until I saw the light? :D

I have never voted Labour, whether it be local, national or euro elections, where I live they get in easily and know it, so frankly as far as I'm concerned treat their electorate with contempt ( I suppose they all do) In fact I emailed all my local councillors regards a local issue a couple of weeks ago and the only one who replied staraight away was the SNP councillor, another two took another email from me to answer my question (Lab & Lib) and the fourth has still to answer despite 3 emails, yes a labour councillor, maybe one day the people of Maryhill will waken up to this lot that are stll riding on the "we are a working class party" , unfortunately the only real threat to labour here are the SNP, the Tories are seen as for the rich and Liberal as also rans

...unfortunately the only real threat to labour here are the SNP,...

As far as I can see that lot are a bunch of chancers from the other parties who see the promise of independance as a way to boost their egos and their bank balances. They are still nothing but the lowest form of life....politicians.

...unfortunately the only real threat to labour here are the SNP,...

As far as I can see that lot are a bunch of chancers from the other parties who see the promise of independance as a way to boost their egos and their bank balances. They are still nothing but the lowest form of life....politicians.

I can't disagree with you on that