The Cons

rong

There is always hope catgate....what else do we have ? :huh:

You can always spoil your ballot paper with a big X through the middle of it, if enough of us do then they will have to change something.

If the example of the recent EU voting con in Ireland is any sort of indicator, all that would happen would be to another ballot where every spoiled paper counted as "No change".

I like the Lib Dems policy to take people on low incomes out of tax altogether

How are they going to differentiate at the check out, at the petrol pump, at the electric meter, who is to pay VAT and who isn't.

I was referring to income tax not VAT !

Yes I was aware of that. The point I was making was that the amount of tax paid as VAT is a very considerable sum to people on low income. It will, in many cases, be more than they are paying now in income tax, and I will be gobsmacked if it stays as it is at present for much longer.

Yes I was aware of that. The point I was making was that the amount of tax paid as VAT is a very considerable sum to people on low income. It will, in many cases, be more than they are paying now in income tax

Oh right.

and I will be gobsmacked if it stays as it is at present for much longer.

Me too whichever party is elected as the interest payments on our National Debt will hit £75 billion next year which is more than the defence budget or the education budget !

This has to be repaid back somehow.

I entirely agree with your view about VAT hitting the poorest people the hardest :(

Cameron's speech was a damp squib to say the least. A vision, which most people already have, and a list of problems with no solutions. An impossible dream.

Nothing to persuade me to vote conservative at all.

I won't be voting Tory either but neither will I be voting Labour.

I'll give the Lib Dems my vote I think.

Cameron's speech was a damp squib to say the least. A vision, which most people already have, and a list of problems with no solutions. An impossible dream.

That's what I've been doing for years Curly, for the same reason. I would like to see them have their day. Let's face it, how much worse could they be.

So you are quite happy for us to be 100% under the European thumb instead of the 95% as with El Gordo?

That's what I've been doing for years Curly, for the same reason. I would like to see them have their day. Let's face it, how much worse could they be.

So you are quite happy for us to be 100% under the European thumb instead of the 95% as with El Gordo?

Irrespective of whether I want to be part of Europe or not, anything I say to our local MP doesn't change a thing. I am going to be what the Government decide I am going to be. We, the people will not have a thing to do with the end result in my opinion.

Irrespective of whether I want to be part of Europe or not, anything I say to our local MP doesn't change a thing. I am going to be what the Government decide I am going to be. We, the people will not have a thing to do with the end result in my opinion.

Only the Tories want a referendum, but this will not be possible once the treaty is ratified against the will of millions. 6.gif

El Gordo sold much of our gold reserves when the price was at an all time low. He just cannot get anything whatsoever right. The price we got was in the region of a quarter of the present day price. He needs hanging by his testicles. :angry:

No I am against the EU but, as the Lisbon Treaty will probably be ratified before the next general election, it doesn't look likely that we will have a vote thanks to El Gordo.

I would never vote Tory as they are for the rich!

I like the Lib Dems policy of taking low paid workers out of income tax altogether which is more than Labour have done, in fact Gordon Brown scrapped the 10p tax rate which actually hit the lowest paid workers (including me) the hardest :angry:

El Gordo sold much of our gold reserves when the price was at an all time low. He just cannot get anything whatsoever right. The price we got was in the region of a quarter of the present day price. He needs hanging by his testicles. :angry:

Agreed.

Also having this sale now at the 'bottom of the market' (i.e. in the midst of a recession) won't give taxpayers value for money this time round either :censored:

Agreed.

Also having this sale now at the 'bottom of the market' (i.e. in the midst of a recession) won't give taxpayers value for money this time round either :censored:

No it will do nothing for the tax payer, but it will move the income from the the "businesses" that are sold into the pockets of the buyers and the tax payer loses out there. Just analyse the items for sale, it is most interesting.

No it will do nothing for the tax payer, but it will move the income from the the "businesses" that are sold into the pockets of the buyers and the tax payer loses out there. Just analyse the items for sale, it is most interesting.

Yes and the public will probably end up paying to use the Dartford crossing for example.

Also these assets bring some money into the Treasury and this will be lost once the assets are sold and so, in the long term, the government will be worse off :huh:

Politically there is very little difference between the Tories and Labour and back when the Tories were in power and selling off UK assets to foreign countries, Labour objected and now they are doing the same!

Yes and the public will probably end up paying to use the Dartford crossing for example.

Also these assets bring some money into the Treasury and this will be lost once the assets are sold and so, in the long term, the government will be worse off :huh:

Politically there is very little difference between the Tories and Labour and back when the Tories were in power and selling off UK assets to foreign countries, Labour objected and now they are doing the same!

That is exactly why I want to see the Lib Dems have their day. Once they have got into power, if they screw up then I will give up altogether.