1. 1. Who do you think will win

• Conservatives.
    • Labour.
    • Liberal Democrats.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On tonight's News I see Sir Alan Sugar has just donated £400.000.00 to the Labour Party to help them with it's campaign. That should keep them sweet for a while. I wonder if, or how long, it takes Sir Alan to become Lord Alan. ranting.gif

He as been Lord Sugar since last June.

Really, I didn't know that. I have still heard him referred to recently as Sir Alan. Could be the media getting things wrong again.

The payment to the Labour Party therefore must have been payment for his peerage that he promised earlier on. :unsure:

It's about time that we got rid of all this knighthood and peerage nonsense. It's archaic, and smacks of serfdom.censored.gif

Yes I quite agree. From their point of view it pays in different ways quite a lot. :(

Only the government have full access to the detailed information required to draw up policies that are factually based - however it is debatable whether even then they ever get it right. The Conservatives cannot finalise their policies until the "books" are available to them - hence their reluctance to be assertive.

Not to mention the fact that Labour have a tendency to pinch some Tory policies and claim them as their own!

The current argument between the parties about unemployment are fatuous. We all know that the public sector has grown unreasonably - aided and abetted by the government and their union paymasters, they have become masters at job creation in self interest. In order to save public expense there will have to be a major cull and it would appear at this stage that only the Conservatives have the stomach for such a vitally necessary blood bath.

Agreed.

This is part of the reason why government spending continues to rise as there are more and more government jobs to fund whilst the wealth creating private sector continues to shrink.

We cannot as a country continue to borrow a £1 out of every £4 that the government spends or we will be bankrupt :blink:

I don't know whether you will regard this as brave, stupid, dutiful, crazy, valiant or what.....but I watched the whole of the "leaders debate" on the TV last evening. To my surprise I found it interesting and a refreshing change from the other garbage that is broadcast - Currynation and Singh Something Simple for example.

It's a pity that the audience were muzzled and not allowed to jeer or clap. There was plenty of scope for it.

On a serious note - I thought that Nick Clegg did quite well and his performance will have done much to bolster the Lib Dems in the polls (assuming of course that anyone else was watching). El Gordo made me cringe - he should be forced to wear a placard bearing a government health warning.

I await my morning paper with interest to see what the "experts" thought of the show.

I watched it too. Nick Clegg did do reasonably well. The other two spent too much time running each other down. I like Vince Cable on money matters too. For me though they ruin everything by their insistence on handing over the remaining remnants of our Independence to Europe. There is already FAR too much interference from this bloated money devourer. I could be tempted to vote for them if they changed their views on that score.

According to the Polls that have been running in certain areas, Nick Clegg won the night.

I watched the program right through with interest. Gordon up to his old tricks of having sly digs at the Conservatives and of course David Cameron with his sly digs back at Labour. At the end of it all I thought Nick Clegg and David Cameron had shone through as the brighter of the three. Out of those two, and purely on what they said, I thought Nick Clegg had won the night. The poll's have confirmed I am not as senile as I thunk I wis.

One of Nick Clegg's interesting points I thought was the £100.000.000.00 that was going to be spent over the next 25 years on Nuclear Armament. I know we are an Island and all the European people are in, well, Europe along with us, but to spend all that cash on Arms that will hopefully never be used is ridiculous given the circumstances Britain finds itself in. The Cold-war is over. We don't know what is going to happen Twenty, Thirty or Forty years down the line, but the whole idea of a war is to win. You push a button and launch a missile capable of taken out something the size of London, the enemy retaliates and nobody wins. Lets keep some weapons but lets keep them to a minimum.

Andsome. If the Liberal Democrats did take us all the way into Europe I don't think we will lose the remaining remnants of our Independence. We will still have our say, the same as the other member states have got. It's costing Britain £18.000.000.00 per day (Figure was the last I heard) to be a Member of Europe. At that cost we may as well go in all the way.

After an historic night in Manchester, two separate polls suggested Mr Clegg had triumphed over both Gordon Brown and David Cameron, the Conservative leader, after 90 minutes of cut-and-thrust.

I didn't bother watching. They are just like spoiled children squabbling over who's turn it in next on the swing.

They have shown us their characters in the past years, and what they promise is unbelievable and impractical. Furthermore whatever they promise they will not be held accountable for failing to deliver it.

For me the "event" would have been a success if they had all had something "cut" and subsequently "thrust".

According to the Polls that have been running in certain areas, Nick Clegg won the night.

I watched the program right through with interest. Gordon up to his old tricks of having sly digs at the Conservatives and of course David Cameron with his sly digs back at Labour. At the end of it all I thought David Clegg and David Cameron had shone through as the brighter of the three. Out of those two, and purely on what they said, I thought David Clegg had won the night. The poll's have confirmed I am not as senile as I thunk I wis.

One of David Clegg's interesting points I thought was the £100.000.000.00 that was going to be spent over the next 25 years on Nuclear Armament. I know we are an Island and all the European people are in, well, Europe along with us, but to spend all that cash on Arms that will hopefully never be used is ridiculous given the circumstances Britain finds itself in. The Cold-war is over. We don't know what is going to happen Twenty, Thirty or Forty years down the line, but the whole idea of a war is to win. You push a button and launch a missile capable of taken out something the size of London, the enemy retaliates and nobody wins. Lets keep some weapons but lets keep them to a minimum.

Andsome. If the Liberal Democrats did take us all the way into Europe I don't think we will lose the remaining remnants of our Independence. We will still have our say, the same as the other member states have got. It's costing Britain £18.000.000.00 per day (Figure was the last I heard) to be a Member of Europe. At that cost we may as well go in all the way.

I know I am nit-picking but are you referring to David Cameron or Nick Clegg................... :rolleyes:

I reckon you have jut had a senior moment. Join the club - see you at the Derby and Joan's.

I know I am nit-picking but are you referring to David Cameron or Nick Clegg................... :rolleyes:

I reckon you have jut had a senior moment. Join the club - see you at the Derby and Joan's.

Thank you for pointing that mistake out Alan. Much appreciated.

I had a tiring night as I was up for most of it with 'er in bed being poorly. I didn't have many zzzzz's. The mistook has been duly rectumed. :lol:

Thank you for pointing that mistake out Alan. Much appreciated.

I had a tiring night as I was up for most of it with 'er in bed being poorly. I didn't have many zzzzz's. The mistook has been duly rectumed. :lol:

Sorry to read that. I know the feeling - I have been on nursing duties myself for a few weeks.

It was a nice slip of the pen actually - you created a hybrid of Cameron and Clegg - perhaps a portent of a possible liason if we get a hung parliament.

I don't know whether you will regard this as brave, stupid, dutiful, crazy, valiant or what.....but I watched the whole of the "leaders debate" on the TV last evening. To my surprise I found it interesting and a refreshing change from the other garbage that is broadcast - Currynation and Singh Something Simple for example.

It's a pity that the audience were muzzled and not allowed to jeer or clap. There was plenty of scope for it.

I also watched the election debate from start to finish and enjoyed it which was surprising as I expected it to be dull.

I agree with your comments about lack of applause though.

On a serious note - I thought that Nick Clegg did quite well and his performance will have done much to bolster the Lib Dems in the polls

Apparently the election debate gained the Lib Dems a few percentage points in the opinion polls whilst both Labour and the Tories percentages fell!

El Gordo made me cringe - he should be forced to wear a placard bearing a government health warning.

My feeling exactly although he did try to tell a few jokes (at Camerons expense) but I didn't think them very funny :rolleyes:

Latest figure's from the UKIP on a flyer through the door today is telling me that by Britain being a member of Europe that it's costing us £45,000,000.00 per day.

The woman that is standing as UKIP Member of Parliament used to be a local Conservative councillor. She was useless, and I'm being kind. She has as much chance of getting voted in then keeping ash on an ashtray on a motorbike. :lol:

Latest figure's from the UKIP on a flyer through the door today is telling me that by Britain being a member of Europe that it's costing us £45,000,000.00 per day.

Those numbers look like the sort of numbers Gordon would look upon as good. They fit well with the left wing philosophy of the redistribution of wealth.

Those numbers look like the sort of numbers Gordon would look upon as good. They fit well with the left wing philosophy of the redistribution of wealth.

Quite agree catgate. It's who the hell he is redistributing it to that got me worried. :D

You are suffering from electile disfunction if you fail to get aroused by the choice between New labour and the Conservative parties. The cure is not to be found in a Liberal application of anything.

The appelation often attached to politicians of all persuations is enough to cause total electile disfunction.

You are suffering from electile disfunction if you fail to get aroused by the choice between New labour and the Conservative parties. The cure is not to be found in a Liberal application of anything.

The appelation often attached to politicians of all persuations is enough to cause total electile disfunction.

Is there a tablet or an ointment for this condition other than TCP or BNP. :D

I don't understand how it can please Gordon Brown to be giving taxpayers money to Brussels :huh:

I would vote Liberal Democrat but I am not in favour of even more powers going to Brussels and I feel that there could be a Liberal Democrat/Labour pact if no one party gets an overall majority and, personally, I couldn't stick another 5 years of Gordon Brown :blink:

I don't understand how it can please Gordon Brown to be giving taxpayers money to Brussels :huh:

Just look at the useless dross, that has had its origins in political failure, that has emanated from our shores, and gone on to accumulate vaste wealth in Brussels. Wealth that also emanated from these shores.

Gordon uses his one good eye to look after his future.

Very subtle - but will everyone get it I ask........................... :lol:

I don't understand how it can please Gordon Brown to be giving taxpayers money to Brussels huh.gif

I would vote Liberal Democrat but I am not in favour of even more powers going to Brussels and I feel that there could be a Liberal Democrat/Labour pact if no one party gets an overall majority and, personally, I couldn't stick another 5 years of Gordon Brown blink.gif

Exactly my feelings. the Lib Dem's will never win a majority as long as they remain dedicated to handing over the remnants of our Independence to Europe. (What precious little now remains).