The General Election.

Gandalph

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win

• Conservatives.
    • Labour.
    • Liberal Democrats.

Well it's that time of life again.

The three main party leaders will be spending the tax-payers money, and back-handers in donations for peerages, on flights here and there and probably hiring trains,buses and expensive limousines for their entourage, not to mention all the money spent on Hotels and other accommodation which will not include Salvation Army hostels.

They will be spreading their Election Lies to the common surfs in the streets and high streets as they wonder around looking for potential votes.

At the end of it all each glorious potential Leader will be hoping they have lied the best and have won the individual over to their side and will vote for them.

So, who do you think will win the next General Election. :unsure:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my thread http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?showtopic=44656&pid=308737&st=0entry308737

I still feel the same way - perhaps more so after seeing them in action during the week.

A few elections ago I was able to vote for the Pensioners Party. I'd like to again.

I think Dozy Dave and his bunch of ne'r-do-wells will get in, by a fairly narrow margin.

I hate to think what will happen after the election, whoever gets in, because none of them will do what needs to be done otherwise they will be biting the hand that has fed them and that, they hope, will continue to do so.

It will all be a bit like giving a rotton shed another coat of paint to hid the wormholes and rot.

I fear that strategic voting by the Lib Dems will get labour the most seats - but without an overall majority. We will then find ourselves governed by the Welsh, Scots and Irish anxious to push their own agendas in return for nominally supporting Labour.

I had a Lib Dem agent at the door yesterday arguing that if I am not willing to vote Lib Dem - then vote labour - to avoid the catastrophe of the incompetent Tory toffs getting in. Our's is a safe Tory seat so he is whistling in the wind.

Whoever wins the election, we will be screwed.

All of the main parties are saying there are tough times ahead, but non of them will actually explain what that means in terms of extra taxes etc.

And why is it that when a politician is asked a question they always answer with a question and never an answer.

The only thing I think would make a big difference is if Vince Cable defected to the Conservatives.

If they vote Labour back in they want there heads examining.

It will be interesting to see how UKIP, the green party and the BNP get on in the elections.

Only the government have full access to the detailed information required to draw up policies that are factually based - however it is debatable whether even then they ever get it right. The Conservatives cannot finalise their policies until the "books" are available to them - hence their reluctance to be assertive. The Lib Dems are just playing at being politicians and I don't subscribe at all to the Vince Cable fan club.

The current argument between the parties about unemployment are fatuous. We all know that the public sector has grown unreasonably - aided and abetted by the government and their union paymasters, they have become masters at job creation in self interest. In order to save public expense there will have to be a major cull and it would appear at this stage that only the Conservatives have the stomach for such a vitally necessary blood bath.

Whoever wins the election, we will be screwed.

All of the main parties are saying there are tough times ahead, but non of them will actually explain what that means in terms of extra taxes etc.

And why is it that when a politician is asked a question they always answer with a question and never an answer.

The only thing I think would make a big difference is if Vince Cable defected to the Conservatives.

If they vote Labour back in they want there heads examining.

It will be interesting to see how UKIP, the green party and the BNP get on in the elections.

That is what makes them Politicians. They go to University for years to study how to avoid giving a direct honest answer.

That is what makes them Politicians. They go to University for years to study how to avoid giving a direct honest answer.

It's not always the case. The title of this thread includes "who do you fancy". I have had a crush on Anne Widdecombe for quite a time and am shattered that she is standing down at this election. I bet if I made her an indecent proposal she would not hesitiate to give me a direct honest answer. ........ :cray:

It's not always the case. The title of this thread includes "who do you fancy". I have had a crush on Anne Widdecombe for quite a time and am shattered that she is standing down at this election. I bet if I made her an indecent proposal she would not hesitiate to give me a direct honest answer. ........ cray.gif

Bessie Bradock was an absolute dolly bird.laugh.gif

Even my apathy is too apathetic to get enraged anymore .....

But Gordons latest stunt in targeting cancer sufferers with a targeted mail shot inferring that they would die under the tories is utterly beyond the pail ...even for him ...

Just who else is this government sharing our medical records with ? Insurance firms ?

Even my apathy is too apathetic to get enraged anymore .....

But Gordons latest stunt in targeting cancer sufferers with a targeted mail shot inferring that they would die under the tories is utterly beyond the pail ...even for him ...

Just who else is this government sharing our medical records with ? Insurance firms ?

I'm afraid that far too many people who cannot think for themselves will carry on voting labour, because their mom and dad did, and they always have too. I have voted labour in the past, followed by liberal, followed by Tory. I have always tried to reason things out for myself, rather then follow blindly on with what the family always did.smile.gif

That is a very good question, and it is one I have wondered about for quite some time. "The Great I T Cock Up", that is hopefully being wound down, gave food for speculation.

We have just received some rubbish about opting out of a "Summary Care Records" scheme. The idea seems to be "you can opt out if you can understand understand how to do it, but this booklet will not really help you".

On the evidence of this SCR scheme it looks as though the message has not entirely sunk in and the Great I T Scheme is still just breathing.

/>http://www.nhscarerecords.nhs.uk

I am quite happy to see the NHS records computerised.

Recent medical events experienced by both me and my wife have demonstrated the worth of having your medical records immediately available at any hospital or your GP's surgery.

Mr Brown and his cohorts are very welcome to look at my history.

On tonight's News I see Sir Alan Sugar has just donated £400.000.00 to the Labour Party to help them with it's campaign. That should keep them sweet for a while. I wonder if, or how long, it takes Sir Alan to become Lord Alan. :ranting:

On tonight's News I see Sir Alan Sugar has just donated £400.000.00 to the Labour Party to help them with it's campaign. That should keep them sweet for a while. I wonder if, or how long, it takes Sir Alan to become Lord Alan. :ranting:

Hmmm - Lord Alan - that has a nice ring to it. I wonder if the ermine makes you itch?

Hmmm - Lord Alan - that has a nice ring to it. I wonder if the ermine makes you itch?

Fancy your chances of becoming Lord Ho of Solihull then Alan. :D

I have had a crush on Anne Widdecombe for quite a time and am shattered that she is standing down at this election. I bet if I made her an indecent proposal she would not hesitate to give me a direct honest answer. ........ :cray:

That would be a first for her. Not without good reason is she nicknamed "Doris Karloff" - and to think it was she who said of Michael Howard "There's something of the night about him."

I have had a crush on Anne Widdecombe for quite a time and am shattered that she is standing down at this election. I bet if I made her an indecent proposal she would not hesitate to give me a direct honest answer. ........ :cray:

That would be a first for her. Not without good reason is she nicknamed "Doris Karloff" - and to think it was she who said of Michael Howard "There's something of the night about him."

She was misreported - as usual.

The reporter from the Daily Star couldn't spell - she was saying "Knight" as in chivalrous - not "night"......................... :rolleyes:

I cannot stand by and let you sully the reputation of such a lovely woman who will be missed from the benches....... :flowers:

:P Believe that, believe anything. A Paxo interview with the gargoyle confirms there was no "k" at the beginning of night.

BTW, she used to live very near here. A five minute walk and I could spit at the house where she used to reside. I might do that later.

:P Believe that, believe anything. A Paxo interview with the gargoyle confirms there was no "k" at the beginning of night.

BTW, she used to live very near here. A five minute walk and I could spit at the house where she used to reside. I might do that later.

Paxo needs stuffing for picking on such a sweet vulnerable lady. However - there is no point in me perpetuating the argument against such odds. I have therefore decided to switch my alliegance and passion to John Prescott's sister (if he has one) who will surely share the family good looks, humility, good taste and wealth.

On tonight's News I see Sir Alan Sugar has just donated £400.000.00 to the Labour Party to help them with it's campaign. That should keep them sweet for a while. I wonder if, or how long, it takes Sir Alan to become Lord Alan. ranting.gif

He as been Lord Sugar since last June.

Hello RD.

It's nice to see your back.

Your milk of human kindness has still not curdled.