Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Windows Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bludgard

Top 5 Used Programs

21 posts in this topic

Just a quick browsing of your computing habits. :lol:

Basically, the question is; what are the programs you use most (consciously) day-to-day.

My top five would be:

1) IE9

2) MS Office

3) VirtualBox

4) Download Accelerator Plus

5) CCleaner

:drinks:

1) Firefox

2) Excel

3) Cossacks (again)

4) Thunderbird

5) Ocster backup

Lots of what I do on the computer is on the internet

Firefox

OpenOffice GO-OO

PaintShop Pro 7

WMP 9

Essential PIM free

Slim Browser

Comodo Dragon

Orbit Downloader

Lotus 123

TextPad

FYI:

I am trying to find a (reliable) trial version of Cassocks to download. Looks to be rather entertaining.

Also gonna give Orbit a try. Never heard of it and want to compare it with what I am using now. Same with SlimBrowser - gotta try it.

Furthermore; it would seem that OpenOffice GO-OO is being replaced/merged with/into LibreOffice. I like the UI of LibreOffice and I love supporting open-source material.

Thanks for giving me some fiddlin' material. :)

FYI:

I am trying to find a (reliable) trial version of Cassocks to download.

Didn't know you were into the clergy :unsure: still it takes all sorts, as my gran used to say

I know about the incorporation of GO-OO into LibreOffice, just don't see the point of updating yet.

Nice article on the split here .

Didn't know you were into the clergy :unsure: still it takes all sorts, as my gran used to say

Bugger! I thought Cossacks was a war game! Must have missed something in the translation. :lol:

In my mid-20s I did want to join a monastery. Does that count? :rolleyes:

I know about the incorporation of GO-OO into LibreOffice, just don't see the point of updating yet.

Nice article on the split here .

If it ain't broke; don't fix it. B)

Bugger! I thought Cossacks was a war game! Must have missed something in the translation. :lol:

In my mid-20s I did want to join a monastery. Does that count? :rolleyes:

Cossacks is, Cassocks could be if two of them wanted the same one

It was an error in translation, then. I shall repent forthwith. :devil:

'Preciate the correction.

Question for anyone who has installed LibreOffice:

Is it a resourse hog as OO.o used to be? I used to use OO.o but it was a hungry bugger.

Edit:

I like Orbit. I'll play with it a while and may replace DAP. Very user friendly prog. Thanks, Boris.

I likey pickin' the mind of seasoned pros. :0

LibreOffice runs well. I had questioned the resource consumption of it compared to OOo in a thread but couldn't find it. LibreOffice actually appears to be quicker than M$; and doen't kill memory. Havn't had time to test all of its abilities or on other OS other than Win 7, but I like it.

LibreOffice runs well.

I had LibreOffice since I got my new Windows 7 system this last summer; I thought LO may be a good alternative to Microsoft Office.

However, I finally uninstalled it last week after the latest version 3.4.4 still does not support Java 7. There are several other things I was not happy with in LibreOffice, e.g. Calc does not fully support Excel macros, or Base does not support SQL Outer Join. Or documents created with Writer have a completely different layout when opened with Microsoft Word. etc.

I have now installed Office 2010, and everything works as expected.

Just out of curiosity: onyone using OpenOffice? If so, does it work with Java 7? (I would expect so, since both Java and OO now belong to Oracle.)

My top programs is :

1. Mozilla Firefox (best ever)
  2. Windows Media Player
  3. Microsoft Office 2010
  4. PES 2012 :D
  5. Tune Up Utilities 2012

Please visit my site www.compiez.tk >>tutorials and download software

My top programs:

Total Commander Ultima Prime - i have it in startup, cant live without it

Google Chrome

MS Office

AIMP