video problem

mikemelda

Ive been here but its been awhile.  My problem is when I try to watch a video on facebook, for example. Instead of normal colors, everything is green and purple . It happened once before , I did a system restore then everything was ok. Well, it just happened again. So I did another Sytem restore. videos are still green and purple. Has anyone else had this problem ? Im running Windows 10., last night there was a freeze lasting 10 minutes or so.

Sounds as though your Video Card is on the way out. It could be, but highly unlikely, that your Display could be a bit dodgy. My best advice would be to put it into a Proffessionl repair shop and let them have a look at it. HTH 

It could also be a dodgy cable ?

If you're using the onboard motherboard graphics, then you may be able to fit a separate graphics card, but if you are not a technical person, a professional second opinion is always best before you buy anything new.

EDIT - I see that you've had video problems before with this before ?

https://www.windowsforum.org/topic/52698-black-screen-on-windows-7/

as the machine is now over 6 years old and you had/have onboard graphics - it may mean that the graphics chip on the motherboard is on the way out.

Seek a local professional second opinion.

I've merged the two topics you had going with the same subject.

• Boris locked this topic

That clip sent to me played perfect, normal color and all. Make it Johnny Cash next time ?? lol.  I did not have any color problems on Youtube , its only when I  try to watch on facebook. I'd scroll down when Id stop scrolling, the color be normal for maybe 1 second, then turn green and purple. Only on facebook. Well, after I posted on here, I did a system restore, now videos are correct color like they are supposed to be. Can anybody figure that one out ??Then last night, the computer froze for like 10 minutes. I couldnt type , etc, but I could click off pages. This computer is an Acer I buy new in December from Tiger Direct. 1TB hard drive and 12 Gig RAM .

Well if Vevo and Youtube are working as expected I think we can rule out the hardware options, they'd affect everything. 

Problem with facebook is that they support a shed load of video formats so there's an outside chance it's a codex problem, but that's just a guess and I don't see how system restore would correct it unless W10 has installed an update that's causing agro. I'm not using W10 so can't check up to see what's been added recently, maybe one of the others can suggest something.

If it happens again try posting a link here so we can work out exactly what you're looking at and maybe make a more educated guess as to why it's gone pear shaped

I would never allow face ache anywhere near to a computer of mine again.  My oldest granddaughter was using it one day and downloaded a photo of het friend, two viruses came down with it. My AV took care of them, but that dreadful site has never been on a computer of mine again. It is very intrusive and you will never be free of it again even if you close your account, everything is retained in their database. 

http://uk.pcmag.com/opinion/63820/10-things-you-should-know-about-facebooks-new-privacy-policy

• 2 months later...