Windows Photo Viewer

johnoo

If you do a 'Windows Photo Viewer" in Google Johnoo, there are several items on this matter. I must admit I haven't heard of it disappearing from Windows in the fall. Although I don't use Windows very often. 

Looking into it, it looks as if while the old photo viewer isn't exactly being killed off if you have an upgrade installation, in some cases after the update newer apps are being set as the default application, so some people are having to open up Settings and go to System > Default apps. and re-select Windows photo viewer. Weirdly this doesn't seem to affect everybody, don't ask me why.

If however it's a brand new installation from an iso file Windows photo viewer may no longer an option and a bit of faffing about is needed to add it.

Click Here for how

• 11 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:34 PM, Belatucadrus said:

Looking into it, it looks as if while the old photo viewer isn't exactly being killed off if you have an upgrade installation, in some cases after the update newer apps are being set as the default application, so some people are having to open up Settings and go to System > Default apps. and re-select Windows photo viewer. Weirdly this doesn't seem to affect everybody, don't ask me why.

If however it's a brand new installation from an iso file Windows photo viewer may no longer an option and a bit of faffing about is needed to add it.

Click Here for how

I have put your post into Favourites, it may come in useful.

• 10 months later...

You can get Photo Viewer back in Windows 10, though. It's just hidden. If you upgrade a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, Windows Photo Viewer will be available and you can set it as your default photo viewer if you want. After you do that, you can then set it as your default photo viewer