Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Irene

What are you having for dinner today?

Glad to note you have your appetite back, Keith.

3 minutes ago, -pops- said:

Glad to note you have your appetite back, Keith.

Thanks. I have NEVER had such a bad cold. ‘Er indoors had the same one but less severe. The problem with me is that I used to be a heavy smoker some years ago, and I now invariably get a chest infection after a cold. Almost back to normal now. Someone will probably be saying ‘he ain’t never normal’ :kiss2:

7 minutes ago, bludgard said:

Meatloaf sandwiches and some kinda veggies.

Welcome back. Where the bloody hell have you been?

Sign 8.gif We need to start a new section devoted to ailments. I could fill a page or two:laughitup:

3 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

Sign 8.gif We need to start a new section devoted to ailments. I could fill a page or two:laughitup:

Go on then.:hi:

Yesterday was liver and bacon with onion gravy served with mash potato, mashed swede & cabbage.

Today will be pig chops, with mash, sprout, swede and perhaps some leftovers.

Today ‘Er indoors has asked me to do one of her favourites. A pasta sauce with pasta,plenty of onion and garlic, and red kidney beans.

Today is grilled salmon, pea purée (frozen peas, microwaved with a bit of butter and blitzed to a purée), boiled Charlotte potatoes and some chili sauce on the fish.

I think it will be another fish week. Mussels planned for tomorrow - if they are available, fish pie on Wednesday and Kippers on Thursday

Homemade Rissoles, created from: 

leftover meat carefully stored in the freezer, half of an onion, whizzed up leftover chips, a scattering of Adobo Seasoning, some tasty blue cheese and a beaten egg.

...To be served with Actifry Chunky Chips and Petit Pois; and homemade chutney.

Beefsteak medallion, with loads of fried onion,cauliflower,carrots and roast tatties, with onion gravy.

As anticipated, mussels in a garlic/tomato sauce with pasta.

- - - and continuing the fish theme, fish pie today using Waitrose fish pie mix (salmon, cod and smoked haddock)

Chicken sweet and sour, Beef Hoi sin and garlic with boiled rice and Singapore noodles.

Ah So - velly nice

Real grilled kippers today.

Beef braised with onions, sauté potatoes and pointy cabbage.

Fried black pudding and fried eggs and smoked bacon with canned tomatoes.

Last Friday was fishnchips at the Mare and Colt, Friday remains fish day and as they're still doing a special price for Codnchips on a Friday we decided against going elsewhere and sacrificed a little variety for value and a product we know and like.

Chicken & Mushroom Pie today with a twist. Remember a few years ago it was the rage to have a complete meal served in a dish or bowl which was, in fact, a large Yorkshire pudding. Well, I'm resurrecting those.

Cheese and onion baps filled with sliced smoked turkey. With loads of onion for me and sliced tomato for ‘Er indoors. 

Last night we had:

Slow cooked Duck Legs with Port & Orange Sauce (M&S); Red Cabbage braised with Bramley Apples (M&S); Fresh Egg Noodles

The Duck Legs and Red Cabbage were part of the 2 Dine-in for £10 (including a bottle of wine and desert :wink:

Roast dead sheep and mint sauce, with roast tatties, cauliflower , carrots and onion gravy.