Ha Ha Hoo Hip Hooray

Gandalph

I'm off to the shops today. Although it's a dark, wet and miserable day. I might cheer myself up by buying myself something nice, like elastic to keep my underpants up. Yes, that would be nice. Catch you all later after the shopping. :hi:

All you lucky people. Well I got back a few minutes ago but was unable to find any elastic in Aldi. Mind you if I had gone into Berwick proper there are a lot of dress making shops and Hobby shop's that would have sold it, but I couldn't be bothered. So I will have to stay with my safety pin till I change them tomorrow. I'm sure you all needed to know that. :laughter:

Why don't you go to a charity shop and buy some  - pants.

My wife works in a local Hospice charity shop one day a week and I am truly flabbergasted at the stuff people bring in to donate. Used dirty underwear is not rare.  The mentality of some people is beyond belief - how can they honestly expect the shop to sell such stuff.

1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

Why don't you go to a charity shop and buy some  - pants.

My wife works in a local Hospice charity shop one day a week and I am truly flabbergasted at the stuff people bring in to donate. Used dirty underwear is not rare.  The mentality of some people is beyond belief - how can they honestly expect the shop to sell such stuff.

Ugh ... that make me swallow me tea the wrong way.

How disgusting.

Years back, on another forum .. there was a lady who worked at a local charity shop who bragged she was their 'sniffer'.

Yup, 'sniffer' and she could tell if it was a despicable dastardly smoker who donated the clothing. She was quite proud of this ability to detect social lepers. She hated smokers.

Oh boy .. do I wish she worked where your dear lady wife does. It'd serve her right.

3 hours ago, Gandalph said:

All you lucky people. Well I got back a few minutes ago but was unable to find any elastic in Aldi. Mind you if I had gone into Berwick proper there are a lot of dress making shops and Hobby shop's that would have sold it, but I couldn't be bothered. So I will have to stay with my safety pin till I change them tomorrow. I'm sure you all needed to know that. :laughter:

Ooer, that safety pin could be nasty. Just go commando ...