Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
morty

Malwarebytes

Today a new version download when I did my update.

I went stiff as a rabbit when I got hit with the usual boxes of Premium, Activate Now ...etc.

After a quick google I figured out how to switch it to the Free version.

I vaguely remember doing this when I first downloaded it a couple of years back.

But was has me foxed is this ...

It used to take it about 1 hr 44 mins to check my computer before ( not a biggy at only about 240 gigs).

This new version did it today in 6 minutes.

That can't be right can it?

2 minutes ago, morty said:

Today a new version download when I did my update.

I went stiff as a rabbit when I got hit with the usual boxes of Premium, Activate Now ...etc.

After a quick google I figured out how to switch it to the Free version.

I vaguely remember doing this when I first downloaded it a couple of years back.

But was has me foxed is this ...

It used to take it about 1 hr 44 mins to check my computer before ( not a biggy at only about 240 gigs).

This new version did it today in 6 minutes.

That can't be right can it?

YES. :hi::hi::hi:

Well if it is I'm amazed .. and delighted. I'll do a scan every day instead of putting it off.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, morty said:

Well if it is I'm amazed .. and delighted. I'll do a scan every day instead of putting it off.

I used the new free version today, "C" Drive of 254Gb, it took 16 minutes 36 Secs.

That's tallies .... my 6 min scan was on a 116 G drive.

I have spotted something though ... I've a partitioned drive which the old version used to do automatically but this one left out. I found out because sad thing that I am I sat and watched all the file names whizzing along as it scanned them.

Not a problem though ..I just do it with a right click on my D drive in Computer.

morty, Go to Scan>Custom Scan and specify which drives you want scanned. I only ever scan my C:\drive which is just OS and programs, and don't scan my D:\ data drive.

I also have been letting Malwarebytes just scan my C drive where resides Windows and all software.

My D Drive - which is a separate internal hard drive stores all data - which includes documents, downloads, docs, pictures, music, videos etc.

The above posts got me thinking and I have just run a scan of my D Drive - it detected 2 items of malware and 16 PUPs most of which were in the downloads folder.

I am now going to scan my internal and external hard drives where my back-ups are stored as a precaution.

16 hours ago, morty said:

That's tallies .... my 6 min scan was on a 116 G drive.

I have spotted something though ... I've a partitioned drive which the old version used to do automatically but this one left out. I found out because sad thing that I am I sat and watched all the file names whizzing along as it scanned them.

Not a problem though ..I just do it with a right click on my D drive in Computer.

:whssign:

I almost feel "left out" with this Malware business.

I run Linux Mint.

Well I am not quite correct ....it more or less runs itself.

I have now scanned my back-up drives and the same malware found on the D drive has now been eliminated.

I future I will be scanning the C and D drives to ensure they are kept clean.