We're buying a replacement oven...

Irene

I know I've seen some adverse comments about Currys installation engineers but the pair that put mums new oven in were top notch, whipped out the old one wired the new one in checked out the electricals, confirmed the RCD was functioning to spec. Put the oven in place and screwed it in, cleared up all the packaging and disposed of the old oven lickety split. Checked the oven worked and gone, quick and efficient. 

The guy that did the installation was very meticulous, on looking at the installed oven, it looks as if it isn't straight, ( so minor I hadn't noticed until he pointed it out ). He looks at it and realises that the door on the cabinet over the oven has sagged a bit over the years so he readjusts it. Probably outside his job remit , he just couldn't leave it looking other than perfect which I recon is OK.

Total contrast to the crew we had some years back delivering a fridge to my parents flat at Poole. We gave them clear instructions as to which street to come down, how to access the parking area and loading bay at the back of the block and confirmed there were no steps at that point. Did they pay any attention ? No chance, they park at the front on a main road and use the front door which has several flights of stairs and brick walls to the side limiting access. First thing they do is start moaning about the access problems and how we hadn't told them about the stairs, didn't get any sympathy as it was explained to them if they'd bothered to follow the instructions we'd supplied they would not be parked on double yellow lines on a main road, nor would they have had to use the steps. They also nearly buggered off without taking the old fridge that we'd paid for disposal of. That lot didn't impress, Boots if I remember correctly.

We have been luck lately. Everything that has even ordered and delivered has gone smoothly. In all cases we have been contacted twenty four hours early and given a two hour time slot.  John Lewis, Virgin and Dreams beds. Everything that I have ordered from Amazon has arrived on time or early.

The horrors of inflation, while having a root around in the kitchen equipment documents drawer, I found the invoice for the old oven. Best price at the time and now replaced with same brand but higher spec. First one I installed myself to save a bit of money £359.98. Eight years later, this time I paid for installation as I didn't fancy trying to pick up an oven and stick it in the cabinet on my own, £354.99. Not bad when you consider that UK inflation should have bunked £359 to £447.61 plus any additional installation charge. 

On 18/02/2018 at 10:06 AM, andsome said:

We have been luck lately. Everything that has even ordered and delivered has gone smoothly. In all cases we have been contacted twenty four hours early and given a two hour time slot.  John Lewis, Virgin and Dreams beds. Everything that I have ordered from Amazon has arrived on time or early.

You are lucky andsome. I received an e-mail yesterday to let me know that a delivery from Amazon would be here at 08:00 hrs this morning. So I got up early and while having a cuppa decided to come onto the Computer to go through ny e-mails only to find an e-mail from Amazon to say that my good's have not been despatched yet. They will be here on February 23rd or 24th. Useless Prats.