Scandal at Saudi beauty pageant.

Belatucadrus

Shock news at contenders at Saudi Beauty pageant found using botox. A beauty pageant in a pretty fundamentalist Islamic country you ask in quite reasonable surprise, how can this be ?

portrait-of-a-camel-1_2573717.jpg

With the girls safely hidden in burkas is it any wonder the young Saudi male is distracted by the pouting lips and fluttering eyelashes of this little beauty ?

Click on image for story.

The biggest destroyer of wildlife is humankind. Cats are way behind us. 

The animals which do the most damage in our garden are - in order of nuisance :

Crows

Squirrels

Magpies.

They all forage for food and when they have filled their bellies they come into our garden and bury it. Now we have an artificial lawn they head for the flower borders.

Management fished two whole hens eggs out of one of her flower pots a few weeks ago.

We have a regular group of bird visitors. Blackbirds, Finches, Sparrows, Tits, Robins and greedy, sly, ravenous Wood Pigeons.

We feed them. We have six feeders round the bungalow and a extremely suitable eye level wall just outside the kitchen door.

Sadly, although the blackbirds seem to like the wall better then the suspended feeders, they are soon moved on by the pigeons.

It makes me quite cross that I can not train the pigeons with my air gun.

It was delightful when we lived In the bungalow in the orchard we had, in the village 4 miles up the road. The birds were very much more friendly and trusting!

We used to feed them on the kitchen window sill and in warm weather we would leave the window open. There were two three of them that would  come inside and stroll along the windowsill inside, if we did not make sudden movements.

It is a sad fact that in nature it’s dog eat dog, an I accept that. What I dislike is that domestic cats are not wildlife, they do not belong and have been over bred for the satisfaction of people who have nothing better to fixate upon. They are fine in a farm yard, but not in built up areas polluting other peoples gardens and decimating wildlife.

Thing I've got against domestic moggies is the genetic threat they pose to our genuine indigenous and rare wildcat. Why do so called animal lovers blather on endlessly about the poor jaguars and tigers and pontificate to the poor buggers who have to live with these large extremely dangerous cats. Why do they say and do nothing for our own endangered species that has never killed or eaten a human, should be easy you'd think but not a peep.

832-1953.jpg 

1 hour ago, Belatucadrus said:

Thing I've got against domestic moggies is the genetic threat they pose to our genuine indigenous and rare wildcat. Why do so called animal lovers blather on endlessly about the poor jaguars and tigers and pontificate to the poor buggers who have to live with these large extremely dangerous cats. Why do they say and do nothing for our own endangered species that has never killed or eaten a human, should be easy you'd think but not a peep.

832-1953.jpg 

Less than 100 wildcats now exist in the UK.

http://www.scottishwildcats.co.uk/