Apparently I'm being bad.

Belatucadrus

Latest word from the great and the good, the holier than thou brigade is that Wood burning stoves are bad for your health and for the environment. On a day like today I'm not caring much, the wood is gathered from a copse is 100% natural and will still give off gasses if left outside to decompose. By burning it I warm the house and avoid running assorted electric heaters and reduce the load on the oil fired central heating, I also have a ready supply of wood ash that goes back on the garden.

I remain unrepentant and warm.

You run the risk of being reported to Greenpeace.  They will probably follow the smoke signals to find you.

I see your point about gas recycling.  After all, rotting vegetation gives off methane which is a greenhouse gas and blasts a hole in the ozone layer.

You are doing us a service by burning it - instead of dying a horrible death from celestial radiation, we will get CO2 CO and NOx poisoning and cough ourselves into oblivion. Your kindness deserves a just reward.

14 minutes ago, Gandalph said:

I don't mind one bit Belatucadrus as long as the wind is from the North and blowing the smoke Southerly. :laughitup:

What was the name of that female singist who used to sing the song about Blowing the Wind Southerly??

Kathleen Ferrier

On the subject of wood burning stoves, how many stoves would it take to produce the same amount of pollution as there was in the US forest fires a couple of months ago?

No need to answer, I am being ironic.

We go away with 4 friends every year and hire a holiday home. We have 2 arsonists in our part - Libby and John who are delighted when the house has a wood burning stove. They go off foraging for firewood in the local countryside and can't wait to light the fire.

It's bad enough in the winter, but it's no joke when it is July, believe you me.

9 hours ago, AlanHo said:

We go away with 4 friends every year and hire a holiday home. We have 2 arsonists in our part - Libby and John who are delighted when the house has a wood burning stove. They go off foraging for firewood in the local countryside and can't wait to light the fire.

It's bad enough in the winter, but it's no joke when it is July, believe you me.

Yep, I can guess it would be a tad warm in that Holiday Cottage Alan. :laughitup: