April 23rd

-pops-

It's St George's day tomorrow.

Where are all the celebratory flags and bunting? Where is even mention of it in the media?

Considering all the publicity that St's Patrick, Andrew and David get, doesn't old George deserve something better?

You have to remember that George was guilty of horrendous cruelty to a poor defenceless dragon, simply because it was eating white folks, so is looked down on by Vegans and liberals. Was a Roman soldier of Greek origin, so as an immigrant has given UKIP members the hump. Has not been adopted as an excuse to get extra bladdered by the power drinkers and has a flag that right wing morons have attempted to co-opt. 

Clearly time for middle England to step up to the plate and reclaim him.

On the plus side with the other saints, just remind the Irish that St Patrick was English, drives them ballistic.

2 hours ago, AlanHo said:

We are now living in the new world pops where tradition, respect and loyalty are trampled under the heavy feet of the selfish but vocal self-seeking and gullible minority whose values are moulded by the rabid social media.

That’s a hell of a mouth full for an old and knackered one

Personally, I ain’t very bovvered. He has been dead for a long time now as have all the other saints. That is of course, if they ever did exist. I am English through and through and am proud of it, but St George as such means nothing to me.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, Gandalph said:

So all in all, It is a 'load of old Cobblers' then. :laughitup:

I can see no reason why the olden day "politicians" and their "minions" should be any more truthful than the modern herd of "men in charge".

Roget's Thesaurus has it weighed up for what it was and what it still is............a suspicious shamble with questionable priorities.