Familiar faces (well, usernames)

expertec

Welcome back, the forum came perilously close to expiring due to lack of use, but it's staged a bit of a recovery. Got a few new rooms including music, feel free to expose the other old fogies to Sarah McLachlan, though don't be too surprised if they start going on about Mahler and New Orleans Jazz and how any music made after the mid twenties sucks. 

I don't go on about Mahler or criticise other peoples musical tastes.  I fully accept that there are some folk with wierd preferences, which, if they are legal, I am happy to let them get on with without imposing my sophisticated tastes and wisdom..

Yesterday I had cause to call an insurance company with a queery on a policy we hold. The operator put me on hold whilst they found an expert and played me "The Bare Necessities" from the Jungle Book cartoon over and over for about 10 minutes.  I can't get the music out of my head now and am tempted to test whether 10 minutes of Mahler would drive it out.

10 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

Welcome back, the forum came perilously close to expiring due to lack of use, but it's staged a bit of a recovery. Got a few new rooms including music, feel free to expose the other old fogies to Sarah McLachlan, though don't be too surprised if they start going on about Mahler and New Orleans Jazz and how any music made after the mid twenties sucks. 

Not sure exposing old fogies to Sarah McLachlan is a good idea...! ?

3 hours ago, AlanHo said:

I don't go on about Mahler or criticise other peoples musical tastes.  I fully accept that there are some folk with wierd preferences, which, if they are legal, I am happy to let them get on with without imposing my sophisticated tastes and wisdom..

Yesterday I had cause to call an insurance company with a queery on a policy we hold. The operator put me on hold whilst they found an expert and played me "The Bare Necessities" from the Jungle Book cartoon over and over for about 10 minutes.  I can't get the music out of my head now and am tempted to test whether 10 minutes of Mahler would drive it out.

I once had to ring an insurance company to make a claim regarding a mobile phone. I spent an hour and a half on hold, with the song Footloose by Kenny Loggins on repeat. If I even hear a single note of it I break out in a cold sweat.

1 hour ago, andsome said:

I don't remember expertec, I hope he isn't another philistine with no musical tastes whatsoever. Welcome back.

I remember you andsome... I moved house a few months ago, and just found the Mahler CDs you sent me in about 2004 in one of my remaining boxes! That's one of the reasons I remembered the site and logged back in.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Hello John,

Long time since you were here !

You've still got the old dead lycos email in your profile, didn't you change it to gmail at one time ?

Ahh, that's why I couldn't reset my password... ?

I don't remember expertec, I hope he isn't another philistine with no musical tastes whatsoever. Welcome back.

I remember you andsome... I moved house a few months ago, and just found the Mahler CDs you sent me in about 2004 in one of my remaining boxes! That's one of the reasons I remembered the site and logged back in.

I think I vaguely  remember you now. Didn't you live in Sutton Coldfield?  Nice to have someone else on the forum again who appreciates proper music.  Bella's tastes are appalling.