Wasp Stings

Please can any of our widely experienced members advise me on the matter of wasp stings?

We have just come back from the  "weekly shop" in Pocklington. We had got to only yards from home when I was attacked by a wasp that must have "come aboard" in the drive back home.  It dug its spike into  the finger next to the  "left little one". .As a reward I flattened it.  I now have a fairly painful  finger on my left hand.  The pain seems to be very slowly rising up the finger and diminishing.

Warning      Beware  of  Pocklingtons Wasps on Wednesdays.

Only thing I can recommend is to make sure you have got the sting out, if it was left in there due to the wasp having been flattened. If you have an after bite pen, rub some of that on the inflamed area, it will sting for a few seconds after application due to it containing Ammonia. Apart from that, Keep an eye on the wound and if there is any sign of Sepsis go and see the Doctor for Antibiotics. 

4 hours ago, catgate said:

Thank you both. The discomfort is now virtually gone.

Management says she thinks it is all due to being thick skinned.

Depends on how long you have been married for catgate. :laugh:

• 1 year later...
On 8/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, catgate said:

Please can any of our widely experienced members advise me on the matter of wasp stings?

We have just come back from the  "weekly shop" in Pocklington. We had got to only yards from home when I was attacked by a wasp that must have "come aboard" in the drive back home.  It dug its spike into  the finger next to the  "left little one". .As a reward I flattened it.  I now have a fairly painful  finger on my left hand.  The pain seems to be very slowly rising up the finger and diminishing.

Warning      Beware  of  Pocklingtons Wasps on Wednesdays.

You should have used any piece of iron near you...and rubbed it continuously for 5 to 10 min....it is really effective.