Where's andsome

AlanHo

Dunno, his account shows he's looking in just not saying anything. My first thought was maybe his keyboards busted and he's too cheap to buy a new one but he posted a comment on over fifties forum on Wednesday, so that's not the answer.

Maybe we were nasty about Mahler once too often and he's got the hump. 

3 hours ago, AlanHo said:

You are a cad and a trickster sir.

True but at the moment not relevant as I am not responsible for the uncharacteristic silence from the man in question. I am also not responsible for the current trend of mute visitations from forum staff and other occasional members who have given up posting here.

Like you I've tried seeding the forum with a variety of posts in the hope of eliciting a reaction of some kind, with Gandalphs passing things have gone from bad to worse and getting a response of any kind is now near impossible. Sad to say but I think it's time for somebody to change it to "Windowsforum Gone But Not Forgotten". 

1 hour ago, -pops- said:

There was a Belatucadrus absence from October 8th to November 28.

True and if things don't pick up there'll be another only much much longer.

1 hour ago, -pops- said:

My 'silent' visits are to try and keep a check that postings do not contravene the law or common decency.

I assumed as much, now me I lack the remaining staff members stoic dedication to duty and if it as it increasingly appears I'm just wasting my time and yours I'll call it a day. 

The fundamental problem with the forum - and other forums dedicated to computer problems - is that since Microsoft have improved their product(s) so much there is not nearly as much difficulty experienced by users, thus less forum activity. Look at what has happened to PC Advisor (and its forum).

It is not only computer forums, though. Forums dedicated to a whole range of other subjects are feeling the effects of more modern communication systems, collectively called social media. Personally, I don't get on with systems like Facebook and whatever the other similar things are. They are too immediate for my ageing brain and I think that may apply to some other members here who do still make an, albeit infrequent, appearance.

andsome has told me that he is happy elsewhere and unlikely to be back. 

With Bela indicating that he may do the same - it will leave just me starting new threads and only catgate to respond.

Sadly - I too will bid the forum a sad goodbye after being here for 15 years - it was great while it lasted - but all good things eventually come to an end.

4 hours ago, AlanHo said:

andsome has told me that he is happy elsewhere and unlikely to be back. 

With Bela indicating that he may do the same - it will leave just me starting new threads and only catgate to respond.

Sadly - I too will bid the forum a sad goodbye after being here for 15 years - it was great while it lasted - but all good things eventually come to an end.

You are right Alan. I have become disenchanted with the rock bottom membership on here. I pop and have a look now and then, but have limited time to spend on forums, and I have found a much more lively place.Its a shame really. This used to be a lively place, but times have changed.