Windows Forum Essential's CD

Chris

WE now have spybot but we have the full version, all updates and language files.

Hello Chris,

Here is the full file with the current updates:

[Link deleted]

Please don't give this link to the end-users, it's just a temporary file...

bye, Patrick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we could also do, once the final list has been complied, is have all the applications available for download here at Windows Forum.

At least for the those people who would rather download single applications than have a whole CD of them, they would be able to download them from here.

Having them available here at the forum will eliminate having to visit multiple sites to download apps, plus we can keep them up-to-date.

At least for the those people who would rather download single applications than have a whole CD of them, they would be able to download them from here.

Yawn! I'm back where I started here.

Do you really think this is all worth it? If anyone needs a single download, they can already get it from the same place you did, and nobody is likely to need the whole lot.

Even if you are doing a complete re-install you would back up your essentials to cd.

For a handfull of members, do you really think this is a good idea? (Honestly)?

Guest nellie2

Yes... These applications are tried and tested by the WF membership. We get plenty of people surfing by this forum who are new to the net and uninformed about what is available out there for free. If you know where to look and how to search then yes, you can go and find them for yourselves. All we are doing is trying to put all these programs into one place so that if people want them then they can have the CD or download them from here.

Just last night I spent a couple of hours cleaning a colleagues home PC and she had no idea what Adaware was and was amazed that you could get it for free... she has broadband but didn't have a firewall, didn't know what one was... and was amazed that you could actually download one for free for home use...etc etc.

The aim of Windowsforum is to educate, inform and to help people out where we can... to achieve this objective we felt that a collection of free programs would be a good idea. If it helps out just one member, let alone a handful, then all the work we have put into it will have been worthwhile.

The aim of Windowsforum is to educate, inform and to help people out where we can... to achieve this objective we felt that a collection of free programs would be a good idea.  If it helps out just one member, let alone a handful,  then all the work we have put into it will have been worthwhile.

You couldn't have put it better nel ! :thumbup:

Yawn! I'm back where I started here.

Do you really think this is all worth it? If anyone needs a single download, they can already get it from the same place you did, and nobody is likely to need the whole lot.

Even if you are doing a complete re-install you would back up your essentials to cd.

For a handfull of members, do you really think this is a good idea? (Honestly)?

You gotta start somewhere...

I'd second that suggestion for IrfanView!

Are you able to have Open Office on it? I think that's one that is useful - and a whopper of a download if you aren't on BB!

Some of the others are quite small, and as Cocoon has suggested, relatively easy to download anyway.

It's definitely a good idea to have a AV on there ... I got Code Red once when I was online with a new PC downloading AVG ... the thing had only been online for a few moments!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just last night I spent a couple of hours cleaning a colleagues home PC and she had no idea what Adaware was and was amazed that you could get it for free... she has broadband but didn't have a firewall, didn't know what one was... and was amazed that you could actually download one for free for home use...etc etc.

Yeah well people like that r stupid....... If your going to invest in a pc learn the basics eh, i mean you dont buy a car b4 you can drive do u.

Yeah well people like that r stupid....... If your going to invest in a pc  learn the basics eh, i mean you dont buy a car b4 you can drive do u.

Actually Rebel, quite a lot of people DO buy a car before they can drive. How else do you think a lot of people manage to learn to drive.

It is the same with computers, you cannot learn how they work, and what to do with them, without really having one to play with. I'm sure you have made some "stupid" errors when you first started using a computer.

Mr. M.

What got me was the fact she had Broadband right and didnt even have a firewall r even worse didnt know what one was. Seems to me she just jumped on the Broadband wagon just so she could say she had it, without even looking into the basic things.

Before i bought a pc i asked about to see what i needed and had a firewall and AV from day1.

Guest ellas

rebel to some people a pc is like a tv they expect to turn it on and thats it,and I suppose why not,some people never figured out how to use a vcr,can you imagine the outcry if people had to install avs and firewalls to watch tvs.