Recruit A Friend 2004

Craig

Recruit A Friend 2004!

Here we are in February 2004 with 608 members (at time of writing).

On Monday 1st March 2004 I want to have 658 members!

I can’t offer you any physical goodies, but for every member you recruit, you will gain 10 posts. When your recruit 5+ members in any 30 day period, you will be put into a new member group called “Top Banana!”.

In order for you to gain the 10 posts per new member and new member group status, the new recruit most post a minimum of 10 posts within a 7 day period!

When the new recruit registers, he / she will be able to input your username into the registration info so we can track them!

So get recruiting and help the forum grow!

Craig.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My m8 just joined and he says he didnt see any where to put in that i told him about it

his user name is world atlas

can any 1 shed any light on the matter

Hi all,

Their was a technical problem with the registration that has now been fixed.

For all new members that have registerd and have been recruited, you can now add the name via your profile.

Update!

When you recommend someone, can you PM me with their username to gain your "points".

This applies to all new registrations that have occured from the date this topic was created!

Many thanks,

Craig.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree
In order for you to gain the 10 posts per new member and new member group status, the new recruit most post a minimum of 10 posts within a 7 day period!

Sounds like pyramid selling.

More like desperation...We don't need this silly idea Craig...Think about it.!!!

This Forum is about quality....not quantity....the quantity will happen,naturally,when the quality is there.

And we're not far off as far as I'm concerned :D

More like desperation...We don't need this silly idea Craig...Think about it.!!!

This Forum is about quality....not quantity....the quantity will happen,naturally,when the quality is there.

Couldn't agree more.

This forum started off OK, I was one of the original members (different name of course). I unregistered because of two reasons.

1 - Certain moderators stopped moderating, they only went along with things that suited their point of view instead of staying neutral.

2. - You sent out an idiotic email asking members to log on at a certain date and time, to beat the current (and still unbeaten) record of 40 users online. I believe I was not the only person to click the 'unregister me' link at the time.

I don't take an active part in the forum anymore, just look in every couple of weeks to see if there's anything (or anyone) new, and of interest to me. There never is. Just the same small clique, with a couple of newbies who last a couple of weeks and disappear again.

You harp on about 'other forums', choosing to forget that without the breakdown of one, this forum would have been very lucky to survive,and without the other, a certain moderator would have difficulty in finding the useful links gathered from them to publish here.

Craig, if you want this forum to be a success look at it from the outside. Check your moderators postings and replies. Remember the name of the forum, 'WINDOWS', and cut the crap out, there are many chit chat forums out there. Stop trying to prove you are growing so big, (look at your ACTUAL active membership), and take a more active part in the running of the forum instead of making improvements to the layout all the time.

I dare say that this will be my last posting (if anyone is allowed to see it), as I feel a ban coming on, but I have had to bite my tongue long enough, and have given my opinion. As Damo said: 'Quality, not quantity'. At the moment you offer neither, unless the Windows user wants a chat about the price of beef interlaced with the solution to his system crashing.

It's either 'bye' or 'Au Revoir' depending on who makes the decision on my being banned or not, if indeed, you ever get to see this posting. Cheers!

This forum started off OK, I was one of the original members (different name of course). I unregistered because of two reasons.

1 - Certain moderators stopped moderating, they only went along with things that suited their point of view instead of staying neutral.

2. - You sent out an idiotic email asking members to log on at a certain date and time, to beat the current (and still unbeaten) record of 40 users online. I believe I was not the only person to click the 'unregister me' link at the time.

I don't take an active part in the forum anymore, just look in every couple of weeks to see if there's anything (or anyone) new, and of interest to me. There never is. Just the same small clique, with a couple of newbies who last a couple of weeks and disappear again.

You harp on about 'other forums', choosing to forget that without the breakdown of one, this forum would have been very lucky to survive,and without the other, a certain moderator would have difficulty in finding the useful links gathered from them to publish here.

Craig, if you want this forum to be a success look at it from the outside. Check your moderators postings and replies. Remember the name of the forum, 'WINDOWS', and cut the crap out, there are many chit chat forums out there. Stop trying to prove you are growing so big, (look at your ACTUAL active membership), and take a more active part in the running of the forum instead of making improvements to the layout all the time.

I dare say that this will be my last posting (if anyone is allowed to see it), as I feel a ban coming on, but I have had to bite my tongue long enough, and have given my opinion. As Damo said: 'Quality, not quantity'. At the moment you offer neither, unless the Windows user wants a chat about the price of beef interlaced with the solution to his system crashing.

It's either 'bye' or 'Au Revoir' depending on who makes the decision on my being banned or not, if indeed, you ever get to see this posting. Cheers!

No one gets banned for having an opinion.... constructive criticism is always welcome.  :)

I've read the post by cocoon and also came up with the same conclusion as nellie. No one is going to be banned for having opinions.

i strongly agree with trackrat

this place is the only good place to have a laugh and get pc questions answered more or less instantly....

also if like my self you dont know much about pc's...then just reading other ppls posts has taugh me more than you can imagin

N.B its is also a place to meet friends...ok we may not know much but we do know stuff about each other...