The Neo Planet Folding Team

they are called tinkers,

long WU time,

Loads of points,

if you go Here

You can see what certian WU's are worth.

If you go Here

You can find out about a programme called EMII, which moniters you Wu's and tells you when then are going to end, I.e 12:47pm

And, if you follow this

. Use flags to control what WUs you get

Locate your shortcut to the folding @ home program or create a new one. Right click it and press "Properties". Unde the "Shortcut" tab, find the "Target:" box. Add -advmethods -forceasm to the end of the target outside of the quotes so that it looks something similar to:

"C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm"

AMD processor users, however should not use "-forceasm" and add "forceSSE" like this:

"C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceSSE"

The "-forceSSE" flag makes a big differance for AMD's. Watch your temps, though, it does seem to get a little warmer. Make sure the "SSE" part is capitalized.

It will tell you how too add flags to the shortcut to F@H,

I think that it is the " -advmethods" flag that stopes you getting tinkers and means you only get the small fast Wu's

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gagaman

me, no way you 2 are doing very very well

streets ahead of me

it looks like your processor/s are a lot quicker and also you have more than 1 computer helping us out here

i am trying to get some friends to use there computers for me although they are somewhat sceptical about leaving there computers on

Here' something to convince them:

As far as I know, all mechanical components have a theoretical life span. So your fans and hard drives will only last so long. Yet this "short" period of time usually ranges from 20,000 to 1 million hours. Most likely than not, you'll build a whole new computer before anything gets damaged even if you keep it on 24/7.

Pros:

-warms up the room when it's winter time :rolleyes:

-can use it for distributed computing projects that can be beneficial

-no hassle of turning your computer on and off every time (its a waste of time waiting for a computer to start for 30-60 seconds every time and a waste of energy turning it on physically)

Cons:

-higher electricity bill

-warms up the room when it's summer time and it's hot already

Hey and their cpu's can also help the team if they only fold by day... They can turn their pc's off at night.

i have a got a 400 wu and it has taken 2 days now to get to 71 percent

weird eh

I'm running one at the moment, and it has taken about 10 hours to reach 19%. Some of the 10,000 ones are done in half a day.

Team ranking is now 2273 of 31490

That is very good

This is thanks to Mark2 and CarpeDiem(gagaman)

well done you 2

team now 2242

Other than that, my score is climbing as real life has intruded, and I'm not spending much time on my comps at present. They can work for their living even when I'm not there :D :D

Also, Madboy If it hadn't been for your's and Andy's enthusiasm I may well have left folding alone, so well done to both of you

Right above your wu progress, you see

working on pXXX
, where xxx is a number.

This is the name of the protein you're folding.

On the point/summary page you can find that number. Here you can see how long Stanford presumes it takes to finish this WU and how much this wu is wort.

A much easier way is installing EMIII. It gives you all that info, and much more.

For EMIII download look here: EMIII download

Here's a short howto setup EMIII

I have had 10,000 W.U's finish in a few hours. At present a 400 one has been 32 hours so far and is only reading 64%. I'm really not interested in downloading a program to see how long a WU is going to run. There seems to be little point, no matter what you do it will run it's course. There seems also to be little point in knowing what it is worth. Surely the whole point of the exercise is to make our computers available to help with essential medical research.

Hmm Seti or folding...

Dont f****** post at all if it not going to be positive, were talking medial research here

Ouch andy... finding extera terrestial life is important as well, isn't it?

Maybe they have cures for all our diseases, but then, we would become over populated and ruin the planet.. hmm.. :unsure:

Just a thought.