Membership, what can we do about it?

Guest Drovers Dog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I'm sure many of you know groups go through four stages (forming, storming, norming, performing...I think?) and when someone 'new' comes into that group they still have to go through that process.

Tuckmans Model I do believe! :)

click here if you are interested!

:wub:

Nellie, that was interesting reading.

I learnt something from that!

It explains why my Hubby's friends call him GearBox!

:blush: :blush:

Guest Drovers Dog

:P

Now you said that, that keeps this alive!!

If there is a Problem, why can't we fix it?

You all know we can, if we want to?

Let it roll, and, Please give Positive Feed into it!!

The New Posters need to have HEAPS of input to this, and let us ALL, just listen to them, just like the ones so far!!!

This Forum is Different!

Hey, I know someone is going to call me a Johnny come lately, but what the heck, I really care!!!

On this Forum, EVERYBODY has the Right to say what they want (within the Rules),

Most of us forget that some New Members, may come from from some Countries where that simple Right is not available!

:wub: :D

Guest Drovers Dog

Thank you, Tankus, it would then mean something!

The Best Forum, just to Rock into, have some fun, get some Advice, and feel HAPPY!!!

If Windows Forum could do that that?? It would be NUMBER ONE!!! on the Net!!

Guest Drovers Dog

Please think about it? I started this Topic for you to do that!

You are doing so nicely, please get it Right!

Heaps of people you don't even know about are waiting to see what you want.

I love them too, even though they are not from the UK, or AussieLand!

I just love people

I may be having a senior moment here but what on earth is this all about? Note: that was rhetorical, I don't want an answer.

Windows Forum was created for a purpose. That purpose is not too much concealed in the name. Why there should be five pages of near garbage (and yes, I do include my own contributions to it) on a non-existent problem which is nothing to do with Windows, I fail to understand.

I think I'll have to increase my medication.

-pops-

I may be having a senior moment here but what on earth is this all about? Note: that was rhetorical, I don't want an answer.

You may not feel you need an answer, but I would feel to be failing in my duty as a member of this forum if I did not give you one (as they say).

Prof. P J F Masterson had it all weighed up quite nicely when he said that the variable inactivity of an organism, organic, inorganic or cerebral, was primarily related to the inverse square of the negative proportion of the input versus the output defined by the equation R=(p/d+r2*pi)/((w*t/p)*2N). He was proved to be correct in all his observations on this sort of problem right up until the day those nice men came and took him away.

-pops-

You may not feel you need an answer, but I would feel to be failing in my duty as a member of this forum if I did not give you one (as they say).

Prof. P J F Masterson had it all weighed up quite nicely when he said that the variable inactivity of an organism, organic, inorganic or cerebral, was primarily related to the inverse square of the negative proportion of the input versus the output defined by the equation R=(p/d+r2*pi)/((w*t/p)*2N). He was proved to be correct in all his observations on this sort of problem right up until the day those nice men came and took him away.

If I wasn't due to go out now for a bowls match, this whole lot would make me want to go for a lie down.

Guest Drovers Dog

I'am an Aussie? What can I say?

Just keep working on it, PLEASE?

I am so embarrased!

The unposting friends could be true Friends, but don't post because we are what we are?

Ho hum... I like it here, I help people out when I can, have a bit of a chit chat in quieter moments, that is it.

If someone wants to join in and ask a question or chit chat then that is great, if they don't it doesn't matter.

That really is it!! Full Stop.

Guest Drovers Dog

Do you want me to stop this? Nellie?

Only you have the Beauty, and the Intelegance! I mean Interpelegence, or what ever? You are Blonde, like me? You are Pretty?

Sorry Folks, I cant close this, only Nellie can!!

I really hope she thinks before doing that!

DD you leave the thread open if you want to... But I can't see the point of debating something we can't change.

People will post if they want to, we can't make them.

We are not going to change our policy and deregister those who don't post.

If members want to lurk then they can lurk, if they have something to say then I think we have all made it very clear that we encourage and look forward to their input.

We can't do more than that really can we. :)

I, for one, do not know what you mean, there is NO clique here, perhaps you would elaborate.

Those who are part of clique never know it is there. The forum has a culture and it takes a while to get used to what is the 'norm' - as I'm sure many of you know groups go through four stages (forming, storming, norming, performing...I think?) and when someone 'new' comes into that group they still have to go through that process.

Its the same as going into any new situation where there is a group. Think about starting a new job - do people go to lunch together, do people take turns to make the coffee, do you 'dress down' on Fridays - it's the unwritten rules that take time to find out and until you know them its hard to 'speak up' for fear of saying something that will appear stupid.

This forum has core group of users who do make an effort to welcome in new people but to deny that there is any level of 'cliqueness' is just nieve.

FYI

From someone who don't post much on this forum (but I do on others) This post somes up how I view this forum, But I have to admit to be "part of a clique on other forums. No disrespect to anyone here i like lurking here and posting sometimes. All forums I believe are like this.

This forum has core group of users who do make an effort to welcome in new people but to deny that there is any level of 'cliqueness' is just nieve.

FYI

From someone who don't post much on this forum (but I do on others) This post somes up how I view this forum, But I have to admit to be "part of a clique on other forums. No disrespect to anyone here i like lurking here and posting sometimes. All forums I believe are like this.

'all forums I believe are like this'

Yes. :)