My Great North Run 2004

doug

Just an update. The sponsorship came to £3026 of which £30.72 was interest after tax. I had parked the funds in an ING account big improvement over the Barclays Instant Saver's account last year. Anyway at the turn of the year I handed over a cheque for £2120. This purchased a medical laser and is having great success in pain relief. David, the Guru says he's not even started to use it to its full potential.

Today I handed over a cheque for £906 leaving £0.72 in the account. This money is to be used to purchase a new exercise bike as the present ones are Knackered. Not sure what they - Hunters Moor Regional Neurological Rehabilitation Centre - will be using the balance for. I will do an update when I find out.

Thanks to one and all for support and encouragement.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep> I'm in, have signed up as a member fort 3 years. This gives me guaranteed entry. I'll be 71 in the third year. Have received the membership card -which has a chip like a credit card. Was a bit worried when they said this year the runners would be chipped,mmind was boggling over thoughts as to where they would put it.

About to start training again. Have been out on the bike a couple of times but am now intending to start pounding the track.

Herewith a shot of the membership card. The hologram at the top right says TEAMCARD.

post-64-1110660168_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that. Wife's still trying domestics on me. We were out the other day, me pushing young G'son in pram, she was on the powertrike and - I Kid you not - twice she tries to run me over again. Not much fun with this powered trike climbing up your leg while crossing the road at pedestrian crossing lights. Especially as the the safe crossing light's doing it's beep beep "time for all good drivers to mow down the pedestrians" gag.