Do as I say...not as I do!

catgate

Part of our over inflated council tax goes to fund an over inflated monthly "publication", the purpose of which is to to extoll the "achievements" and celebrate the "excessive wastefullness and incompetance" of our inflated East Riding of Yoekshire Council.

A local school put on a Christmas pantomine last week. The extraveganza was called Snowwhite and the Seven Jockeys, and, to keep a correct PC balance all the female roles had to be played by boys and all the male roles by girls. ( I had written "parts", but thought it better to use the word roles). PC gone mad.

At about the same time we received our monthly Song of Self Praise. The attached was displayed proudly on one of the pages. I am wondering if I should complain that, being a part time jockey and non believer in anything, other than the sancitity of the Halo of St. Tony, I have been deeply offended.

Not much point in telling a PC activist anything, they are invariably the most self righteous, arrogant, offensive people you will ever meet. They always know that they are right and that there is no possible alternative to their view. They know what may be offensive to minority groups without having to do anything as distasteful as actually talk to these people or even sit in the same room with them. They trample over the wishes and traditions of anybody and everybody with a callous disregard for consequences that is breathtaking. They do not live in the real world and have no time for people that do. Unfortunately government seems to encourage these loons and from the depths of the old GLC to East Riding, they pontificate in their self indulgent focus groups of like minded idiots. Then set about buggering up life for a lot of people at rate payers expense.

Clearly race relations and equality is an important issue, how it got co-opted by these parasitic loons I will never know.

Part of our over inflated council tax goes to fund an over inflated monthly "publication", the purpose of which is to to extoll the "achievements" and celebrate the "excessive wastefullness and incompetance" of our inflated East Riding of Yoekshire Council.

The attached was displayed proudly on one of the pages. I am wondering if I should complain that, being a part time jockey and non believer in anything, other than the sancitity of the Halo of St. Tony, I have been deeply offended.

We get one too, The Londoner, extolling the virtues of Our Mayor, Ken Livingstone.

But though I broadly accept your thoughts, I don't think it adds to the argument to scoff or belittle the efforts displayed in your "attached"

Not much point in telling a PC activist anything,

It doesn't stop you trying though.

Thos.post-3192-1135178749_thumb.gif

...............our inflated East Riding of Yoekshire Council.

So that's where yeokels come from

As I said in another post somewhere, I have fingers that spell words in a quite different way to my brain. It may well be a yoeking tradition, or may be it has something to do with the early settlers round here who were the Vikings. It is certainly an indication that I have, as yet, been totally unsuccesful in getting a spoll chicker to work with Firefix.

We Don't have those sort of problems in our area. A Spade is a Spade and Christmas is Christmas etc.

Just Hope it keeps that way.

Those PC Pratt's should see things as they are not how they would like things to be. :ph34r:

IE. Our next door neighbours have just gone home to Bangladesh for their holiday, before they went they dropped in to see us and say 'Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year' Very nice seeing as they are Muslims and we all get on fine. Great Curry or English garden Parties together with other neighbours.

post-608-1135192490_thumb.gif

Our next door neighbours have just gone home to Bangladesh for their holiday, before they went they dropped in to see us and say 'Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year' Very nice seeing as they are Muslims and we all get on fine. Great Curry or English garden Parties together with other neighbours.

post-608-1135192490_thumb.gif

Now THAT is a nice Christmas contribution. Thanks r4may and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thos. post-3192-1135246895_thumb.gif

post-3192-1135246942_thumb.gif

Not much point in telling a PC activist anything, they are invariably the most self righteous, arrogant, offensive people you will ever meet. They always know that they are right and that there is no possible alternative to their view. They know what may be offensive to minority groups without having to do anything as distasteful as actually talk to these people or even sit in the same room with them. They trample over the wishes and traditions of anybody and everybody with a callous disregard for consequences that is breathtaking. They do not live in the real world and have no time for people that do. Unfortunately government seems to encourage these loons and from the depths of the old GLC to East Riding, they pontificate in their self indulgent focus groups of like minded idiots. Then set about buggering up life for a lot of people at rate payers expense.

Clearly race relations and equality is an important issue, how it got co-opted by these parasitic loons I will never know.

AGREED 150%

• 4 weeks later...

The thing that amuses me about the PC lot is that all they are doing is ruining the language. An ethnic minority was at one time something like a few Besarabian monks rewriting the works of a Sufi chef up in the wilder parts of the Lake District, but now it applies to 30% of the people in the country. There was a time when you could use the word 'gay' as a description of somebody or event and everyone knew that you meant jolly/happy/rivolous.Now they know you mean homosexual. You are not supposed to say queer, homo, puffter etc....but the "gay" appellation still makes it clear what is being refered to, but now one more meaning has been altered. A child with learning difficulties is still a child who is mentally retarded. An old age pensioner is still a person who is old in age and is drawing a pension. Someone who is vertically challenged is still a short arse. etc etc.

I hate Chair instead of chairman or chairwoman, human resources officer instead of personnel manager, refuse disposal operative instead of dustman, environmental cleansing officer instead of road sweeper, marketing executives instead of salesman or woman, and so on and so on. The list is endless.