Does PM = Peripatetic Meddler

catgate

I see our little cherub has taken himself off to Germany to continue his quest for fame and canonisation.

Does anyone know just how many days a year he spends in the country which pays him, and to which he is supposed to owe allegiance (Not sure if its UK or US)

I.

Does anyone know just how many days a year he spends in the country which pays him, and to which he is supposed to owe allegiance (Not sure if its UK or US)

Several, or so I am led to believe. We can always hope that the Germans will keep him.

I.

Several, or so I am led to believe. We can always hope that the Germans will keep him.

SOD OFF, i don't want him over here meddling :angry:

Tony

I.

SOD OFF, i don't want him over here meddling :angry:

Tony

We've had him long enough.

Something that struck me the other day was that Mr Blair missed a very important vote in the House because he was stranded in South Africa.

The story was that his aircraft had failed during take-off and it was unable to continue the flight.

The part that strikes me as odd is that there are a number very regular and very frequent scheduled air services to all South African international airports. What was the difficulty in him getting on one of these flights? I'm sure anyone as lowly as an ordinary passenger would have given up his/her seat to accommodate such an important being and, even if not, they could have been bribed or forced off the aircraft - at gun point if necessary.

It was upsetting to see the poor Prime Minister, arms awaving in imitation of an ostrich trying to fly, talk to a throng of rather bemused reporters expounding why he would have to miss the vote.

Does he think we're daft?

There is probably little point in going over the same ground time and time again. Suffice to say, that one of the first things that Brown did when made chancellor was to remove tax relief on pension funds, and cost every contributor to a pensions fund between ten and fifteen per cent of it's value. This alone angered me so much that I could have quite willingly punched him and his ginning pal in the face. Other ways of taxing the poorer members of society to the hilt are too many to list here. It is a well known fact that since B'liar came to power, the already rich have got a damned sight richer, and those at the bottom of the pile have got poorer.

There is probably little point in going over the same ground time and time again.

Nevertheless you do so.

Personally, I disagree with your conclusion. The economy has been in good shape over the years since Brown has been Chancellor even though I, like most people, would have liked some things to have been done differently.

Thos.

The economy has been in good shape over the years since Brown has been Chancellor

Thos.

If this is so why have this set of politicians saddled the next generation with so much PFI and PPP debt that it will totally ruin the country (with the exception of the brown nosed) within the next decade?

The economy has been in good shape over the years since Brown has been Chancellor

Thos.

If this is so why have this set of politicians saddled the next generation with so much PFI and PPP debt that it will totally ruin the country (with the exception of the brown nosed) within the next decade?

I know this, you know this and so do many others. How can the rest be so blind to the truth?

Personally, I disagree with your conclusion. The economy has been in good shape over the years since Brown has been Chancellor even though I, like most people, would have liked some things to have been done differently.

Thos.

I disagree, the economy is not really in good shape as everything is on credit and is starting to go pear shaped.

Also Brown has screwed all the pension schemes going except their own so that many will not have the type of retirement they have saved for. Then when they pass on Brown will take another 40% of what they worked all their life, for as it is an 'appropriate time' (treasury quote) to take more tax. That is if they have anything left.

Thos.

I disagree, the economy is not really in good shape as everything is on credit and is starting to go pear shaped.

Also Brown has screwed all the pension schemes going except their own so that many will not have the type of retirement they have saved for. Then when they pass on Brown will take another 40% of what they worked all their life, for as it is an 'appropriate time' (treasury quote) to take more tax. That is if they have anything left.

Precisely my point, and I cannot understand how some people cannot see this. I don't mean any offence to anyone. I just find it strange that these facts do not seem to register.