Free on-line storage 1GB

doug

Hmm I don't see any privacy policy on the site ?

Yeah, whats up with that.

Sounds like a good storage site though. I filled out a support form on their site asking about their privacy. I'll post back what they say, but I'm already thinking it will be along the lines of, 128-bit file transfers, multiple server access, and data center security just like they have posted on their site. Not really privacy from their company, but its only for those to worry uploading warez.

Heres the email I got back from them.

when you download the vmn storage tools, the privacy policy is displayed during the installation.

Maybe I'm just a suspicious old git, but they couldn't point to an online policy, you won't see it until you begin the install ?

How often does anyone read the eula all the way through ? There are obviously concerns about security which will be covered by 128 bit encryption etc. but I'm thinking more about who else gets your email addy, or information on how many uploads you make etc.

I've heard stories about these companies, possibly apocryphal, possibly not, who disappear overnight after collecting your money, never to be seen again - taking your stored files with them.

Maybe I've missed something, not being a computer expert, but if I want to store something safely I put it on a CD, and if I want extra safety, such as all my photographs, I duplicate this onto another CD. Personally I cannot see the need to store something on line, but will stand correcting if I have missed something.

This allows you access to those files from anywhere. Assume you're out visiting a relative or close friend and want to show them some of those pictures. You either:

a: Email the pics to the other person

b: bring the CD

c: download them

I use my hosting space for this type of stuff all the time. Keeps me from sending myself loads of emails with really small attached files.

• 4 months later...

That's a great use of a space! It might be ok with the hosting space.

But I think it's not with the space without privacy.

You will not be able to keep any confidentiality or security of it, will be good for general use.

If it's a matter of just 1GB then why not to use pen drive, easier than anything, but you will not be able to share remotely.