How thick skinned can anyone get?

andsome

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will not give a date for his departure because Dubya has not told him when to arrange it. Dubya can not tell him that until his own handlers have arranged something suitable for Koffi, and set the scene for Tone to take over.

No?

Have you forgotten the subservient exchange when our little chap asked George if he could go and talk to Isreal (well not all of it) and George told him Condy would go?

Come on Thos, The Grump and the odd one or two others, now is the time to admit that your hero is unloved even by his own mob in Westminster.

They have had enough of this goon.

The interesting thing about the article to which the link refers is that in its entire length it is only the welfare of the government and the party that are in the minds of the protagonists (apart from their own place at the trough of course). There is not one word about the welfare of the country or the damage that all this might cause.

Come back Brian Rix.

Its turning into a political reality show............. I'm just waiting for that bloody continually pregnant gurning woman to turn up on number 10's door step and offer to show our Tone's his best bits ...! to a cacophany of a booing crowd .....

its going beyond farce ....but innit fun .....!

Just heard on Sky news that the PM is going to make a statement later today, [thursday]. I don't agree with quite a lot of what this present government has done but I do like the PM. I've written to him twice and emailed 4 times. one of the letters & 2 of the emails he replied to personally, or at least I think he did with the 2 emails. One letter was hand written and I do believe it to be from him personally.

I personally think we are in a bit of a mess at the moment but I do think the PM has done far more to improve this country than what he has done to its detriment. Maybe we all will see him in a different light once he has moved on. If we do get a different party running this country in the near future I feel our members will still voice their opinions just as veracious as now. :)

Hey guys we even get the'Blair go plse' story here :D

Along today with - MPs of 2 major parties - Liberals/National coalition and Labor - seem set to agree to put up the super contribution paid to our latest elected MPs etc as in the fight for last election 2004, ruling LIb/Nats did what the new young yahoo leader of the Labor said and took down the 70% per annum of their annual salary into super to the mandatory 9% paid to the workers for their retirement.

He lost and Labor ousted himand recycled an old leader who has lost 2 elections anyway) Excuse being they are doing same ob asa existing Mps who had been there prior so still get the 70% etc as not retrospective - shame :angry: )

Oh and of course the super once they leave Parliament is tax free and indexed for the rest of their natural lives anyway. :mega_shok:

And we employ them, if like here, its a joke, they only take note of us come election time and it sounds in your article as if it is same there - all about themselves. :rolleyes:

Our Councils are as bad - so to State Govs which is one lot too many IMHO and the State and Feds just duck shove back and forth the responsibility for health and education etc. Each pays our tax dollars into kitty but State runs it.(mind you our tax dollars - ha - they think all these are theirs for the spending - and not on the things they should - like our health system is third world and they still give money away like it is going out of fashion to any third world country - say we are a weathy country - why then do we have people dying in corridors as not enough beds and old people waiting for 32/3 years for hip and knee replacements in pain?)

Bet that sound familiar :ranting:

It seems to me that they all need a swift kick up the backside as they em to have only one opinion their own and that of their party - God forbid to ask the electorate :cray:

Removed your slip of the finger duplicate post Lamb Chop. djohn :)

Come on Thos, The Grump and the odd one or two others, now is the time to admit that your hero is unloved even by his own mob in Westminster.

In the first place, I didn't know that it is compulsory on this forum to respond to your postings, andsome.

Next, even you must see that the pressures in the party to go now are from a small minority. Most of the Labour party are asking for a statement of intent, suspecting, probably rightly, that without a firm date, the process of an orderly election of a successor as leader will be impaired. Over the whole period of government I happen to believe that his leadership has been good for his party and also for the country.

The big error in my view, was in being too open and saying last year that he did not propose to serve after the current term of the Parliament. This set the succession debate going and opened the doors to "lame duck" charges.

There are always powerful forces at work which seek to bring back a right wing government and will exacerbate discontent.

Thos.

In the first place, I didn't know that it is compulsory on this forum to respond to your postings, andsome.

Next, even you must see that the pressures in the party to go now are from a small minority. Most of the Labour party are asking for a statement of intent, suspecting, probably rightly, that without a firm date, the process of an orderly election of a successor as leader will be impaired. Over the whole period of government I happen to believe that his leadership has been good for his party and also for the country.

The big error in my view, was in being too open and saying last year that he did not propose to serve after the current term of the Parliament. This set the succession debate going and opened the doors to "lame duck" charges.

There are always powerful forces at work which seek to bring back a right wing government and will exacerbate discontent.

Thos.

I never said a reply was compulsory, I merely suggested that you reply. I think that the move to remove hime is now well beyond a small minority. Dozens of Labour MPs have signed formal letters calling for Tony Blair's resignation, heaping pressure on him to speed up his exit from Downing Street.

Tony Blair giving a speech on social exclusion in York today

Senior backbenchers said at least three letters were circulating from MPs furious at the Prime Minister's refusal to give a date for leaving No 10.

They urge Mr Blair to step down to step down and trigger a leadership contest as soon as possible.

It is understood that at least 50 names have been gathered so far, including many loyal MPs from the 2001 and 2005 intake to the Parliamentary party as well as former ministers.

Taken from here

Omg!!! Now you'll have andsome believing himself to be a powerful force amongst the 'movers and shakers'. His head will explode if this continues :D

No problem, I will keep myself under control. :D :D :D

Thos.

Well if Tony's an example of a left wing government I hope to god we never get a rightwing one.

I never said a reply was compulsory, I merely suggested that you reply. I think that the move to remove hime is now well beyond a small minority. Dozens of Labour MPs have signed formal letters calling for Tony Blair's resignation, heaping pressure on him to speed up his exit from Downing Street.

Quoting my name and asking for a reply is, of course, a compulsion.

My post said that the call for him to go NOW are from a small minority. The majority call is for a clear timetable to attempt to stop this stupid diversion from the work which should be taking place. But of course it will not stop it.

Thos.

Any attempts to rid us of Blair sooner rather than later cannot be criticised by the sane mind. He started off ok, but he lost his way (the 3rd way) soon after he discovered Bushs' right hand was a nice snug fit.

For those who forget about New Labours 3rd way, Francis Wheen summed it up quitely aptly:

"What was the Third Way? No one ever knew, but it was somewhere between the Second Coming and the Fourth Dimension."

:D

For those who forget about New Labours 3rd way, Francis Wheen summed it up quitely aptly:

"What was the Third Way? No one ever knew, but it was somewhere between the Second Coming and the Fourth Dimension."

:D

I think that is wonderful...but of course I'm not making a joke about it.

Thank you for allowing me to use YOUR forum.

If and when I wish to reply to one of your anti Labour tirades, I will do so without any prompting from you.

Thank you for allowing me to use YOUR forum.

If and when I wish to reply to one of your anti Labour tirades, I will do so without any prompting from you.

Lets rename the forum Andsomeforum.org :lol: