How thick skinned can anyone get?

andsome

Come on Thos, The Grump and the odd one or two others, now is the time to admit that your hero is unloved even by his own mob in Westminster.

They have had enough of this goon.

Thank you for allowing me to use YOUR forum.

If and when I wish to reply to one of your anti Labour tirades, I will do so without any prompting from you.

My my, you are in a grotty mood aren't you? You are always ready to personally insult me, but this doesn't offend me at all. I am probably as thick skinned as B'liar. However I am genuinely sorry if you found my invitation to reply offencive in any way, no offence was meant. As regards anti Labour tirades, I think that we have had plenty of rather illogical anti Maggie, and anti Tory tirades from you, but again I don't get upset by that as I can appreciate that the sun does NOT shine out of any politicians rear end, no matter what party he/she belongs to.My invitation to you and Thos was meant rather as a gentle chide, as you both do seem rather blind to ANY faults at all in the present set up. Let me state once more that I consider that the last Tory government left an awful lot to be desired, but as far as I am concerned this lot have surpassed them in almost every respect.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be glad andsome that you only have to put up with one Government and the Councils.

Here we have 9 - 1 Fed Lib/Nat and 8 Labor.Plus the Councils.

Aussies have this quaint idea that keeping the b*ggers honest is keeping the States a different colour to the Feds :rolleyes:

So we have this constant duckshoving back and forth, its their fault no, its their fault.

Still never mind, its the old you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time B)

PS mucked up by posting twice - edited and got stuffed up!

Just be glad andsome that you only have to put up with one Government and the Councils.

Here we have 9 - 1 Fed Lib/Nat and 8 Labor.Plus the Councils.

Aussies have this quaint idea that keeping the b*ggers honest is keeping the States a different colour to the Feds :rolleyes:

So we have this constant duckshoving back and forth, its their fault no, its their fault.

Still never mind, its the old you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time B)

PS mucked up by posting twice - edited and got stuffed up!

Scotland and Wales also have regional governments/assemblies. There has been talk of one for England also, but this would probably make things even more bureaucratic and top heavy. It is because comrade Brown is Scottish that many are afraid of him taking over from B'liar. It would mean that we could end up with 'The West Lothian Problem. At present some laws for Scotland are decided by the Scottish assembly, and may well differ from the laws that apply in England, a typical sample is education, with particular reference to university fees. English M.P's have NO say over these decisions in Scotland, but as things stand, Scottish M.P's can vote on these matters at Westminster, and affect English law. If Brown became PM, he would be in an even better position to influence things that can only apply in England, even though he is a Scottish MP. A majority of the country no longer want B'liar, but is is also evident that we may be even worse off with Brown.

The west Lothian Problem

My invitation to you and Thos was meant rather as a gentle chide, as you both do seem rather blind to ANY faults at all in the present set up.

There you go again. Where in any of my posts have I indicated that I am "blind to ANY faults"? My position, which I have stated a few times before and hold to, is that, when I consider the political parties and the choices available at election time, I feel that the general thrust of the Labour agenda comes closest to my core beliefs.

I am prepared to debate sensibly and respect your and anyone else's opinion but you should understand that because someone holds a different opinion or sees things from a different perspective they are not necessarily blind.

Thos

Oh dear, I do seem to be ruffling feathers. It's just that as far as I can recall, no matter how bad things have been from time to time, I honestly cannot recall any occasions when you have actually admitted that B'liar and Brown have done any wrong. I will stand correcting if this is wrong.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :)

I assume that means you don't understand.

To spell it out. Just because I or anyone else does not say a person has done something wrong, does not mean that I or anyone else is blind to that person's faults.

Thos.

This is as good as the film "The Sunshine Boys"

Walter Matthau and George Burns would have been proud of you :lol: :lol: ;) .

Like it. :D

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :)

I assume that means you don't understand.

To spell it out. Just because I or anyone else does not say a person has done something wrong, does not mean that I or anyone else is blind to that person's faults.

Thos.

I think you have this the wrong way round. I and others on the forum frequently claim that B'liar is doing all sorts of daft thing, and you usually disagree, and seem unable tp see any fault at all. I am not saying that you have not said............and so on. :)

and you usually disagree, and seem unable tp see any fault at all. I am not saying that you have not said............and so on. :)

When and where have I indicated that I have been unable to see any fault at all?

This is all so childish but why should those who disagree with your views be so arrogantly described as blind?

Thos.

I would not defend Blair in any way, but is there any chance you could spell his name right Andsome?

B..L...'....I.....A.....R

................................................................................

They are all at it now. If this was made into a Brian Rix farce, it would play to packed houses.

Look at this

And this

You really are taking all this much too much to heart. Surely it is a fact that virtually every time there is any critisism of B'liar you come his defence.

NO. It is not a fact. I did not even enter this debate until you mentioned my name. If I take it to heart it is because in what I hoped would be a reasoned debate you feel it necessary to refer to anyone who does not agree with your point of view as "blind".

Thos.

This is as good as the film "The Sunshine Boys"

Walter Matthau and George Burns would have been proud of you :lol: :lol: ;) .

Thank you, AlanHo, for trying to lighten this. It has become tedious in the extreme to try to defend a simple principle of allowing opinions other than one's own to have any validity.

Thos :)

I would not defend Blair in any way, but is there any chance you could spell his name right Andsome?

................................................................................

They are all at it now. If this was made into a Brian Rix farce, it would play to packed houses.

Look at this

And this

And just how do your two links answer expertec's query about the misspelling of his name?

Thos.

My invitation to you and Thos was meant rather as a gentle chide, as you both do seem rather blind to ANY faults at all in the present set up.

The above was my statement. All that this implies is as I have already said, that whenever anything is said about this government, you are always there to offer a defence. There does not seem to be any capability to see that they could just be wrong. As I have also said, I will be happy to stand correcting on this matter if I am wrong. Surely it is plain for all to see that Labour are coming apart at the seams without any help from me or anyone else.

Which party isn't coming apart at the seams? Also what out there is any better? this is not sticking up for labour either as I will not vote for any of them until someone stands that will represent me. The other thing that worries me more than the present is the would be maggies in the other party, the country couldn't take that again.

Look at this

And this

And just how do your two links answer expertec's query about the misspelling of his name?

Thos.

I spelled his name, then underlined that. The two links are a separate item. The forum prevents several consecutive posts, they all merge into one, hence the underlining followed by the two links.

Which party isn't coming apart at the seams? Also what out there is any better? this is not sticking up for labour either as I will not vote for any of them until someone stands that will represent me. The other thing that worries me more than the present is the would be maggies in the other party, the country couldn't take that again.

I don't know if there is an answer to this at present. I can only point to the worst example at this time.

I agree with what rong says, the labour party may be coming apart at the seams, but so did the conservatives, when they had been in power for a good many years.

What is there to replace labour?, the tories and liberals are a shambles, the green party and ukip are even worse.

And andsome before you accuse me of sticking up for labour, I have never voted for that party in my life, I am just expressing my opinion as I see it.

And unfortunately there is no viable alternative at the moment.

As I see it, in answer to trackrat.

LABOUR, well enough said they are a laughing stock.

TORIES. Yes they fell apart at the seams. Cameron is still an unknown and is still on probation.

LIB DEMS. Well we all know that if they had their way, the last vestiges of our sovereignty would be handed over to Europe.

GREENS. They appear to have no policies other than to drive us all out of cars onto non existent public transport, and appear to believe in NIL growth.

UKIP. I voted for them in the European elections as a protest. No way are they a viable government.

So who is there to vote for????????????????????????? You tell me.

Hoever, in all honesty I don't think that anything could be as bad as what we are suffering at present.