View New Posts link

Irene

I NEVER log out. I just close the window with the cross in the right hand corner. :D
I used to do that, but the system doesn't recognise the last time I visited when I return. :(
Does that really matter? :D

Yes, because > how would the software know which were the New Posts since my last visit?

Until I logged out yesterday, it repeatedly thought that my last visit was 19 October at 08-something!

We all have our methods in the use of WF, and that was mine.... tried, tested and favoured.

I am just hoping that either Chris or Craig will find a solution. :D

OK just had a look in the Admin section and this was waiting for me [and other Admins] - a message from IPB.

2.3.2 Bug Fix: New Post Markers

There is a known bug relating the new post markers for: posts, topics, forums, new post search. A bug fix has been released for this, and is available in our Knowledge Base.

I don't have access to their Knowledge Base but Craig does as he owns the board, I'll send him a message about this.

It works!! It definitely wroks. :D ... Thank you very much! :flowers:

By the way Chris, just an aside from your instruction in your post last night. When I touch "Delete cookies set by this board", it always tells me that I don't have the rights/permission to perform that action (or words to that effect). :unsure:

It works!! It definitely wroks. :D ... Thank you very much! :flowers:

By the way Chris, just an aside from your instruction in your post last night. When I touch "Delete cookies set by this board", it always tells me that I don't have the rights/permission to perform that action (or words to that effect). :unsure:

If you delete the cookies, you will have to log on at every visit.

If you delete the cookies, you will have to log on at every visit.
Yes, I realise that. However, there are occasions when it would be prudent to use the facility.
You sound like Gordon Brown. :lol:
:0 Oh please, don't do that to me!! :lol: