2007 - A disastrous year

AlanHo

The point is well made in differentiating between private commercial business and the state run fiascos.

If private business does not perform, and give a degree of customer satisfaction, the customer goes elsewhere and the money stops coming in.

If the state scheme ends up in the usual sorry chaotic debacle it does not matter, More of our money, obtained by threat and stealth, will be poured in until it fails completely,

At this stage more of our money will be spent on hiring consultants, to hide and cover up the failings with smoke and mirrors. Even more will be employed to dream up other grandiose ways of massaging and stroking the ever growing personal egos of the lunatics grunting in the trough, in order to justify the the continued pillaging and looting of the country.

It is a sad fact, that can be verified in every direction one looks, that the Ethos of any enterprise, company. group, team etc is generated at the top(*) level, often unintentionally, Often equally unintentionally, this ethos permeates silently down through all levels of the enterprise etc. Until the people in the customer care centre or on the shop floor, care as little as those in the board room. The result is that the Ethos of the government streams down through society and so everyone is "on the make", by every means possible, even the private sector.

(*) Yes, I know, but politics is always the wrong way up.

For once there is little that I can think of to add to the article. It is an extremely good summary of the sorry state that the country is now in. Unfortunately, there is no doubt in my mind that millions will not see through this sorry apology of a government and will still carry on voting for them. This is the main unfortunate side affect of democracy, in that those who cannot see are still allowed to influence the outcome for the country as a whole. Talk to some people and you would think that the sun shines out of B'liar and El Gordo's rear ends.

My mother anf father always voted labour, and so did their parents before. It't labour for the werkin man.

How often have you heard the above?

This is the main unfortunate side affect of democracy, in that those who cannot see are still allowed to influence the outcome for the country as a whole.

Does this mean if we dont agree with your slanted view of the way this country should be run, we shall not be allowed to vote?

Do you think you will be better off financially under the Tories?

Will you get your lost pension back from "Honest Dave", I doubt it.

Is any wonder that people no longer post on here after years of your "Rabid" anti Labour posts.

This is the main unfortunate side affect of democracy, in that those who cannot see are still allowed to influence the outcome for the country as a whole.

Sadly we do not have a democracy. We have a manipulated autocracy. A shamocracy..

The entire party system can not be destroyed quick enough.

Is any wonder that people no longer post on here after years of your "Rabid" anti Labour posts.

You should just ignore it for most of the time, and occasionally let them know they are rambling, not stop altogether.

Does this mean if we dont agree with your slanted view of the way this country should be run, we shall not be allowed to vote?

Do you think you will be better off financially under the Tories?

Will you get your lost pension back from "Honest Dave", I doubt it.

I did not infer that people who disagree with me should not be allowed to vote. It is a fact that there are an awful lot of people about who do not think for themselves. they were brought up in a family with certain views and cannot think things out for themselves. Over the years I have voted for all the major parties, having thought things out for myself as applicable at the time. Following blindly on in your parents shoes achieves nothing.

I have no way of knowing at this stage whether or not I, or anyone else would be financially better off under the Tories. One thing is certain, and that is that one of the first things that Labour did when they came into office was to attack the pension funds.

Will I get my lost pension entitlements back under hones Dave? Again, I have no way of knowing, but I don't suppose for one moment that the cash will be there to pay it back, Labour having squandered so much of it away.

You talk about years of my rabid posts. This is still a relatively free country, and it is your choice whether or not you wish to put a view point. There is no good in people starting a discussion if others do no join in. How many opinions above are in favour of Labour? it isn't just me who can see what a sleazy dishonest bunch they are, and a personal insult to me does not help their lost cause.

It also resonates with me too. A terrible year politically and, even if you had a good year on a personal level, it's the wider world that concerns us all most. :(

Is it? Who do you know who cares more about "the wider world" than about their own life? :huh:

By 'us' I meant politicians in general whose concerns are global and what happens in the future affects us all doesn't it? More attention is given to what happens overseas and, with some justification, as it will impact on us all. Trouble is we are kept in the dark about most things and the leaders have their way whatever we think.

No man is an island etc.......