What Internet browser is the fastest? i hear Ie is slow.

lizard_king4202

I think it's all more of a personal thing to be honest with you. Depending on the sites you visit your browser would be more secure.

Or...half personal/half technical when it comes to RAM, CPU, etc...

I don't think that CPU or RAM come into it much as long as you have the minimum specs for broadband (which are quite low)

It depends on the broadband speed and latency and also how busy a particular website is at any moment in time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speed a computer will be able to load the browser itself with/without addons can still depend on availability of RAM and the CPU, it will also effect the rendering of web pages slightly but the internet speed will do most of this. You also have stuff to consider along side this like JavaScripts, Flash Scripts, and also the language which the browser was built with.

Say you had a computer with 36MB RAM, and 0.75GHz processor, and another load of poor computer specs, you aren't going to be able to view web pages aswell as someone with double that above.

Where would you keep all the saved milliseconds until you wanted to use them? Why not get up two seconds earlier each day and put the computer on that two seconds earlier? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rather sleep two seconds longer, then make up for them during the daytime. B)

:D:D I don't open canned drinks near the laptop, or bottles of fizzy drink at that - you never know where the fizzy frothy stuff is going to land. :(

I've just wasted about 20 seconds because I didn't know my laptop's battery was low and it went in to stand-by, :(, but I have managed to save 2 seconds by not letting the kettle boil until the end. :D

:D :D I don't open canned drinks near the laptop, or bottles of fizzy drink at that - you never know where the fizzy frothy stuff is going to land. :(

I've just wasted about 20 seconds because I didn't know my laptop's battery was low and it went in to stand-by, :( , but I have managed to save 2 seconds by not letting the kettle boil until the end. :D

Keep a note of the total. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's have a competition, and see who can save the most seconds before Christmas. BE TRUTHFUL THOUGH. I have saved 1 second and two nanoseconds so far this morning. :lol:

I don't have a nanosecond timer yet, but I'm hoping to get one in my stocking at Christmas. What do I do in the meantime, use an egg-timer? :D

Let's have a competition, and see who can save the most seconds before Christmas. BE TRUTHFUL THOUGH. I have saved 1 second and two nanoseconds so far this morning. :lol:

I don't have a nanosecond timer yet, but I'm hoping to get one in my stocking at Christmas. What do I do in the meantime, use an egg-timer? :D

Try counting or use a stop watch. :lol:

As I have already said earlier in this thread, IE opens just about instantaneously for me, I just cannot imaging it opening any faster. :D

You'd see the difference if you change your web-browser, ;)

And as for the nanosecond timing, I'd recommend a microwave timer. ;)

As I have already said earlier in this thread, IE opens just about instantaneously for me, I just cannot imaging it opening any faster. :D

You'd see the difference if you change your web-browser, ;)

And as for the nanosecond timing, I'd recommend a microwave timer. ;)

Hoaw could this be? If IE opened any faster it would open before I clicked. :D

Once again IE opens quicker than FF, I can't comment on the others as I haven't used them, but once open FF is quicker to open the web sights you click on. So if you just sit with your homepage then you are saving the time, but if you start clicking on links and searching then FF will most certainly save time, and by reading other reply's then they can save you even more time. At your age I would think you need all the seconds you can get.

I have saved so much time using FF that this morning I had an email from Stephen Hawking asking if he could have some of it to stuff up a leak in one of his black holes.

Given that your boasting is in fact true - you must take the honours as the fastest internet browser

Once again IE opens quicker than FF, I can't comment on the others as I haven't used them, but once open FF is quicker to open the web sights you click on. So if you just sit with your homepage then you are saving the time, but if you start clicking on links and searching then FF will most certainly save time, and by reading other reply's then they can save you even more time. At your age I would think you need all the seconds you can get.

:D :D He got you there Andsome. :D

I agree that IE will start up quicker than most browsers, but I still find Safari quicker than the other browsers I've used, and then SeaMonkey, FF, then IE.

See? IE's last. :P

So far I have saved twelve seconds and five nanoseconds by using IE instead of the much over rated FF. :lol:

I've just thought;

How do you know you saved them seconds by using IE without comparing it to other browsers? :D

I popped out and bought another computer and rantwo side by side. :lol: