My precious software

leni

I definitely have some software I wouldn't switch for anything else (currently available ;) )

Comodo Internet Security Easily the best firewall around (for free) and the anti-virus & spyware are top notch too.

Chromium / Opera One or the other but I won't use another ;)

Putty + Irssi + Bitlbee For IRC and IM.

Gmail For web-mail there's none finer!

I am having a hate/love relationship with Comodo firewall these last few months :D

It drives me insane when updating programs and they install!

Basically though it hasnt let in anything nasty but then my previous didnt either.

I had ZA for years but when it changed hands and they introduced the security suite similar to Comodo - got a bit heavy.

Not got any precious ones as will change if they let me down!

Like AVG Free did!!!!!

Now use Avast which is also not easily friendly but does the job and hasn't let in anything nasty ever.

I can find NO recent results for Comodo Security on the Virus Bulletin site. This beggars the question as to why they are not submitting for tests these days. Eset nod 32 has passed every single test since May 1998. This speaks for itself, and is why I won't consider any other security suite. Other than that there is NOTHING that I cannot live without concerning my computer.

AVG has failed in the region of twenty tests since that date, including one in June this year. :D

I have favourites but most certainly do not consider them so important that I cannot live without :)

Comodo Internet Security - obviously, security

aMSN - MSN clone for Linux OS'

X-Chat - mIRC clone for Linux OS'

Flock / Firefox - browsing

C&C Generals: Zero Hour - Game. Not a program but I spend a lot of my time kicking people's butts on there :)

I have favourites but most certainly do not consider them so important that I cannot live without :)

Comodo Internet Security - obviously, security

aMSN - MSN clone for Linux OS'

X-Chat - mIRC clone for Linux OS'

Flock / Firefox - browsing

C&C Generals: Zero Hour - Game. Not a program but I spend a lot of my time kicking people's butts on there :)

Have you read what I posted about Comodo above? :D

• 4 months later...

Just a note to AVG Free - my last tech - left me with a buggered up computer - can I say that?

I had lost my connect to the internet for ADSL - he fixed that but took off good programs saying he didnt like them on his clients computers - blooming cheek.

SAS MAM and Avast and put on AVG free and after 3 days I insisted he brought it back - he said he had been up all night updating it and needed sleep but would bring it back about 2pm as I said I can update anything needed.

Well he had put on AVG Free and it was an older version anyway so if he had been trying to update it - didnt notice that. Also when I got rid of it I found that I had 2 virus's on downloading a new version of Avast and getting it going.

I had to uninstall and get rid and get new versions of a few programs - still having problems as not working and bits of the files in the virus chest etc.

AVG Free is not a good program - it had let me down in the past.

Avast is good and free as well as ZA which never let me down either but carries heavy weight on download these days with security.

Just uninstalled Spybot as it hesitated and then froze - that happened a lot since I got it back - so now do the routine - uninstall get a brand new version and hunt out any bits before reinstalling a new one and cross fingers.

Happy New Year guys and gals :drinks:

• 9 months later...

can anyone suggest me a writing software for windows??

Try this - it is free and works well :)
/>http://store.majorgeeks.com/p11505-ashampoo_burning_studio_2010_advanced

Platforms ;-

Windows 7 (32 bit)

Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows Vista (32 bit)

Windows Vista (64 bit)

Windows XP

To get it - just set yourself up an account with Majorgeeks - you do not have to buy anything :)

http://www.avast.com/en-au/free-antivirus-download

Avast is free and easy to install - updates itself daily - I haven't noticed any problems and been using it for some years now.

Also I download heaps from Major Geeks never had to have an account though and pay nothing for free ware. Why do you need an account surely on shareware one has to pay the man.

• 2 months later...