8 YEARS OLD TODAY !

Boris

birthday8.gif

Windows Forum (in its current incarnation) celebrates it's 8th birthday today.

From memory it had 2 other (brief) existences before it evolved into what you see now.

Only Craig and myself survive as current members from those who registered on the first day.

However doug, rong, Gandalph, andsome and jimv7 also joined later in December and artist on January 1st.

I never thought that I would still be here eight years later when I initially signed up.

Many people have come (and gone) over the years, but it is nice to see that the initial spirit still lives on.

May I wish Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to all our members.

MerryChristmas2.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Forums still going, but it's only a shadow of what it was like when there was all the political banter between some of the members.

Will it last much longer????

You will only get out of the forum what you put in. There are too many members who just sit on the sidelines and whinge that the forum is dying - but are not prepared to do something about it by posting more regularly.

The forum will last for as long as Craig wishes and can afford to keep it running - aided and abetted by subscriptions from members who care enough to put their hands in their pockets. The loss of the forum for several days a month or two ago - without any explanation or apology to subscribers from admin - will surely discourage subscribers from making their financial and regular posting contributions.

I contribute to other forums who all have their technical problems from time to time. The difference with them is that Admin seem to care about their membership and when problems occur, send an Email to all members (especially contributors) to let them know what is happening - a simple and easily done gesture that has been sadly lacking here. Craig has been conspicuous by his absence and such lack of involvement and care from the top will surely have a corrosive effect on the future of the forum.

For almost 8 years I have done my bit by regular postings - including my "Thought for Today" - every day - with very few exceptions. Until about a year ago each thread would attract numerous comments and banter from quite a number of members - but more recently my daily thread gets response from only 3 or 4 regulars at most. This is but one indication that the forum is stagnating.

So my message is - if you care about this forum and want to see it get back to its former vibrant, thought provoking, amusing, informative and allergic self - THEN GET POSTING.

And by posting I mean type a few words - not just insert a lame smiley or three.

The Forums still going, but it's only a shadow of what it was like when there was all the political banter between some of the members.

Will it last much longer????

You will only get out of the forum what you put in. There are too many members who just sit on the sidelines and whinge that the forum is dying - but are not prepared to do something about it by posting more regularly.

The forum will last for as long as Craig wishes and can afford to keep it running - aided and abetted by subscriptions from members who care enough to put their hands in their pockets. The loss of the forum for several days a month or two ago - without any explanation or apology to subscribers from admin - will surely discourage subscribers from making their financial and regular posting contributions.

I contribute to other forums who all have their technical problems from time to time. The difference with them is that Admin seem to care about their membership and when problems occur, send an Email to all members (especially contributors) to let them know what is happening - a simple and easily done gesture that has been sadly lacking here. Craig has been conspicuous by his absence and such lack of involvement and care from the top will surely have a corrosive effect on the future of the forum.

For almost 8 years I have done my bit by regular postings - including my "Thought for Today" - every day - with very few exceptions. Until about a year ago each thread would attract numerous comments and banter from quite a number of members - but more recently my daily thread gets response from only 3 or 4 regulars at most. This is but one indication that the forum is stagnating.

So my message is - if you care about this forum and want to see it get back to its former vibrant, thought provoking, amusing, informative and allergic self - THEN GET POSTING.

And by posting I mean type a few words - not just insert a lame smiley or three.

I see no-one has yet to take up the above suggestion - what can you conclude from that?................... :unsure:

Apathy Alan......... Apathy !

It is the very foundation on which the British people now build the future Britain.

It does rather sound as though "edbanger" is going to start the ball rolling again with some political banter though. Good on ya mate. Get the posts rollin' in.

Let's also have some more of you posting on the subject, dont just leave it all up to Ed.

John. :)