Windows 10 - all your questions answered

Boris

See here :-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/frequently-asked-questions-windows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

The answers which I found most interesting :-

Can I do a clean install using the Free upgrade?

No, it will require that you are running a previous qualifying version and start the upgrade from within the qualifying version. You can initiate a clean install after completing the Upgrade.

I have multiple computers, do I have to download Windows 10 on each computer?

You can download an .ISO file and upgrade each computer offline. The ISO should be available by the time Windows 10 launches

Please note, you might have to download the appropriate edition of Windows 10 for the version/edition of Windows you are upgrading.

If you upgrade to the wrong edition, ie. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro, you will have to purchase a license for Windows 10 Pro or go back to Windows 7 Home Premium and upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

I'm going to make sure that my phones are giving an "Unavailable" message on the 29th/30th/31st !

I can't remember how many Win 7/8/8.1 machines I've set up for friends/colleagues/family since 2009 - but it must be well over 150 ?

I've warned everyone I can think of not to reserve their Windows 10 and leave it a month before doing anything about installing it and leave the problems to the foolhardy/brave - but you know what human nature is like ........ "if it's free, I'll have it !"

If I was running a PC support business I would get some extra staff ready for the problems, ready to coin in the cash - but as I only do my "helping" as a hobby I am going to maintain a very low profile at the launch.

I'll do my own Test Win7 32bit box and see how that goes :) before I even think about my other half dozen machines.

Just put an answer-phone message on

" As I did warn you, I hereby declare all W10 upgrade problems self inflicted and your problem. As a result I've taken up a really cheap holiday offer in Greece, One pound cash all in and all the Ouzo I can drink. I'll be back in a month or two, or three "

Whoever tries a Windows upgrade without a full backup is a complete fool and deserves 100% what s/he gets! There is no helping these people...

Unfortunately in practice a lot of users are so naive that they just turn on their PCs and only discover what they "should" have done to protect themselves and their data when it is too late.

Whoever tries a Windows upgrade without a full backup is a complete fool and deserves 100% what s/he gets! There is no helping these people...

The average PC user probably would not know how to back up there computer, or keep it safe from nasties.

Yes the Head down curry is like a Phall only with additional Naga Viper chillies, and a large spoon-full of Moviprep. The head down posture is adopted due to the flammable nature of the flatus and is necessary to prevent carpet burn and or melted linoleum. Be careful to aim outside and post appropriate warning signs to avoid scorch marks on innocent passers by .

OK Im average. What to do already got W10 ready so does that mean dont get a choice as to when just turn on tht day or 1 day and voila it starts?

Also I have external HD and have backed up all my data on that. Plus the backups from Windows 7 too. So should be good to go or more?

Please tell :D And help the rest of us average folk. I run W7 Home SP1

I thought we could pick a day - I have already had a download of Windows 7 as my disc was faulty so M$ did me a new one some time back. Wasnt hard - took a while and I had to sit there etc. had backed up anyway in case. So thought this time no worries.

Edited to add last para. :devil:

• 5 weeks later...

The average PC user probably would not know how to back up there computer, or keep it safe from nasties.

Not so easy to use back up programs I have found. Most Acronis didnt work gave me back my money. Tried others.

And do the Windows 7 one as well. But no way to check it out is there?

Only thing to do is to copy the lot of your data yourself onto a external HD.And use MozBack up for settings on Firefox and Thunderbird Email programs

And copy all again just to be safe :lol:

Has worked for me through changing computers and upgrade to Windows 7 myself. Plus had done another before M$ did another upgrade on my Windows 7 as it was a dud disc. 32 bit ok but 64 bit suspect. Bought family pack.

I dont have a lot of luck seemingly. But all going well these days. Hopefully will carry on under 10.

And no end of folk I know in person and on forums have no idea re back ups too all have various tales of not finding a program working for them etc. Most I know are following the advice given to me by a savvy tech - buy external and do it yourself. Must use sames store well not a lot of tech help around here, rural see no good shopping or much else but crime free and quiet living.

Anyway I reserved Windows 10 on pc and lap top.No worries did wonder re turn on but obviously doing it in some sort of order as not ready for pc yet and of course it is for laptop but Hubbi's s not doing it either. He isnt used to windows 7 yet so waiting til I get 10 then can do as currently bring it to me to sort out :censored:

• 11 months later...

I heard, that in the new Windows 10, in Office 365, is another's powerpoint templates (look here). So what I mean - Is it true? Because I need standard templates like in office 2010, because all my tasks I must do with the same templates.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, rupom007 said:

Can Anyone Tell me from where can i download latest windows 10 iso? 

Try the Internet. Google search. 

Alternatively buy a copy from a Microsoft dealer. It may cost an arm and a leg but it will be genuine. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 12:54 AM, rupom007 said:

Can Anyone Tell me from where can i download latest windows 10 iso? 

Use This Tool to Download latest Updates version of Windows 10, if it asks for key jsut google it and get it from itechtics.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

This will provide you all versions of windows 10, use manual selection and download for both 86x/64x system, so that can useful for other machine to,

Internet sourced Windows activation keys such as from the one you mention are temporary Trial keys and expire after 30 days leaving your computer without windows unless you buy an official one.

This forum does not allow members to post means of obtaining software illegally and is usually dealt with by our mods..