Flu Jabs...

Irene

5 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

Not yet, we missed the first clinic but the next one is on the 21st, we will be there !

Score-101010.gif

5 hours ago, AlanHo said:

We had ours Sat 30th Sept

judges_viannen.gif

4 hours ago, catgate said:

We do not get "jabs". We rely on Homeopathy.

At the first sign of "flu" in the area we take a few pillules of A.G.E. It's components are Aconite, Gelsemium and Eupatorium.

Homeopathic pillules are about 3mm diameter.

image.png

3 hours ago, andsome said:

You have reminded me the surgery sent us a text asking us to book.I must do it.

Score-101010.gif

1 hour ago, -pops- said:

10-25 this Saturday

judges_viannen.gif

1 hour ago, Irene said:

image.png

Does this mean that you are a  regular user of Homeopathy?

I was introduced to it the middle '50s and have used it, when applicable, ever since.

Not only on myself but on several friends who have experienced its ability to do a bit of good.

8 hours ago, andsome said:

You have reminded me the surgery sent us a text asking us to book.  I must do it.

3 hours ago, andsome said:

Done it Friday 20th

Have you done it?  Looks like you might need to check...   :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Irene said:

Sadly not. 

It sounds very interesting, but in my condition I wouldn't know where to begin.    sad.gif 

It is a pity that there is such a large body of "anti  Homeopathy" in the  NHS.  I suspect the main body behind it might  be the makers and marketer of the modern prescription fodder.  There is a small number of national manufacturing chemists that still supply Homeopathic remedys and fortunately can be found "on line". 

The only tricky thing/problem is the selecting of the remedy to suit the patient and his/her symptoms.  I believe that there are still Materia Medicas to be had.

I know some NHS trusts were offering homeopathy, my understanding was they closed most of them because when asked to prove it worked there simply weren't any suitable clinical trials run to test the remedies on offer so had no proof beyond hearsay that it worked. I know some of the herbal medications like arnica work, but some statements made by some homeopathy practitioners give me problems. I just wish somebody would do a definitive study to separate the genuine from the overoptimistic.  

I take a cocktail of medication, which is all balanced on what seems like an extremely sensitive see-saw.  The warfarin in particular.  

My 7-day am, 6pm and after dinner allocation ‘trays’ keep me in order.  :wink:

I was introduced to Homeopathy when I was just into my 20s and living 25 miles from home. I started suffering from a urine problem which the local doctor could not cure. 

Only about 200 yards from my parental home in Bradford lived a Homeopathic Practitioner. At the time neither my father nor I knew what such a being did to bring about cures, but nothing ventured  etc. etc. So I went to see him.

I spent quite a time answering questions and giving details of the problem until he eventually came up with a remedy that should bring about a cure. It did and I returned every fortnight for a check on things, preceded by a visit  to my parents. This gradually became a weekly visit with my wife accompanying me. My wife would sit with his wife in their lounge whilst Ralph and I sat in his consulting room, putting the world to rights, until Dorothy called us into the lounge for supper. 

Very sadly Ralph died just after his 80th birthday and his wife seemed to disappear, without a "cheerio",  immediately after the funeral.

He was an extraordinary person. He was the son of a Bradford mill owner and had spent a lot of time on the continent pre 1939 selling woollen  fabric and had first "found" Homeopathy over there.

• 2 weeks later...

No I didn't Irene. I screamed the place down like a 9 year old. Only joking. Of course I behaved myself. I took it like a man. Actually I look forward to getting it because with having C.O.P.D. I can't run the risk of getting a Flu. :hi: