Happy Birthday, Boris...

Irene

2 hours ago, andsome said:

Have a truly scintillating day.:hi:

Thanks :smile: - my first task is to go out and buy a replacement toilet seat, as Mrs B (or the grand-children) seem to have broken the metal hinge :oops:on the bathroom one overnight.  

Not quite what I was expecting to do today  :censored2:

59 minutes ago, Boris said:

Thanks :smile: - my first task is to go out and buy a replacement toilet seat, as Mrs B (or the grand-children) seem to have broken the metal hinge :oops:on the bathroom one overnight.  

Not quite what I was expecting to do today  :censored2:

Nowt like a comfortable throne A broken hinge could lead to catastrophic injuries 

The local Lidl had none of the soft-closers, besides Mrs B is anti-plastic re. "seating" - so a trip to Screwfix sourced me a https://www.screwfix.com/p/cooke-and-lewis-standard-closing-toilet-seat-moulded-wood-white/1056t

Unfortunately my command of the 8 ? languages the instructions and weird diagrams were in didn't appear adequate.  

So I winged it.  

I don't think they could have thought of any more parts for the hinge fitting - 5 separate bits for each one and you needed 3 hands to hold the seat in place whilst assembling/tightening the mechanisms.

I'm just off to get a bottle of Rioja from the rack to soothe myself, so don't expect any sense from me if anyone has a Windows problem today !

1 hour ago, andsome said:

Of course there is, Its called Burntwood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burntwood

Burntwood is an area in Staffordshire, England, approximately 4 miles (6 km) west of [[Lichfield the town had a population of 26,049 at the time of the 2011 census, since declined significantly due to the pyromaniacs. It forms part of Flitch district. The town forms one of the largest urbanised parishes[2] in England.Samuel Johnson opened an academy in nearby Edial in 1736. The town is home to the smallest park in the UK, Prince's Park, which is located next to Christ Church on the junction of Farewell Lane and Church Road. The town expanded in the nineteenth century around the coal mining industry.

pyromaniacs - WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT ?

32 minutes ago, Boris said:

pyromaniacs - WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT ?

It's part of the ongoing "Bowls War" between the Lawn and Crown green bowlers, apparently the Crown green bowlers collected together all the Lawn-bowlers jacks and set fire to them, after that it just got out of hand with a significant increase in the variety of items being burnt. Items deemed suitable for incineration ranges from Junk mail to Witches depending on the score of the last game. A win from a visiting team tends to infuriate the locals and the plumes of smoke have been seen from as far away as Upton Snodsbury. 

Rumour has it that the hard core group members are cult worshippers of an ancient god named David Bryant a being apparently capable of wondrous multitasking in that he could play bowls and breath fire at the same time ! The fires are purported to be sacrifices to their god.