I resign

nellie2

After reading some messages on the Pit and after a couple of emails from Northy I realise that I am making a hash of this admin thing

I don't know what to do any more and therefore I resign.

Craig if it is ok with you I would like to stay on as a member.

Thanks

Nellie2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nel! stop, sit back for a while, have a cup of tea or a stiff drink.

You are not making a hash of things. You do an outstanding job in the way you administer the forum. This past two days has been very stressful and enough to test the strongest of people.

Please withdraw your post. :angry:

If you were making a hash of things, i would have told you already.

Anyway, you run the forum, not me. If you resign, the forum will fall apart.

It is also in your contract that you are unable to resign. B)

Please think long and hard before you do anything rash, Nel.

I'm certain you have the full support of the vast majority of the membership here and the ones that don't give their support, well, they're quite welcome to go elsewhere, aren't they?

Please don't go :( :( :( :( :( :(

Craig, I'm sure you can see how unsettled your forum is at the moment. A lot of nice people are feeling distressed at what is happening. I know and respect the fact this is your forum but in your own words, nel runs the forum and does a damn good job of it.

This problem is not going to go quietly away and disappear, it has occurred several times over the past few months. I really do think that we should all be able to say what we think is wrong and how we feel about the forum in this area not available to visitors or guest.

I don't mean to speak out of turn, I'm just a member but a member who supports this forum and wants to see it succeed not only for your sake but for all of us.

The rules are there for all to see but it is getting to the stage where one is almost afraid to state their opinion before a moderator locks the thread, then the unrest and vitriolic post appear.

We need to be able to talk with each other in the forum and not via PM's where everything is done in the background. I'm not asking for a debate on the meaning of this forum, just a discussion on why we are failing as members to make it the success it should be.

Regards. John.

I will not allow you to resign Nellie. It was your guidance that got me where I am today.

Without you I would have never become a Mod. I would have never joined the BootCamp to learn to read HJT Logs, and my experience at windows forum has been made all the better because of you! If you leave, I'm afraid the whole operation would fall to pieces. We need a strong leader and since craig cannot be online all the time, we need a figure head to guide us.

You have to stay... Please.

Please don't anybody leave. I didn't start this thread because I wanted everyone to tell me how wonderful I am... I'm not.

I feel I've failed miserably.

Djohn has made a good point.... just recently it has been difficult to air an opinion and that was never what WF was about. Ok, lets hear what you have to say.

Please be honest and please don't criticise just for the sake of it... if you have a criticism then be constructive about it.

Very well nell

I don't go to the pit so I couldn't comment about there or what's been said there as regards to here.

These comments are not aimed at anyone, just what I generally see.

Sometimes I think that threads are shut for no reason and that moderation is more strict here than on other forums I visit. It may be worth watching how threads progress than jumping in. If a thread has died the users will let it sink, it's not worth locking a thread if people are chatting on it, just cause it's gone off-topic.

I know moderation and where to draw the line is a hard job for you all and I wouldn't be a moderater.

So thank you all for doing it and keeping the place going.

Well, here's a once sided opinion, since this is the only forum I visit.

I think this forum is great. It helped me with many problems I've had with computers, as well as not helped at all.

The members here are quite nice for the most part and everyone has a good sense of humor.

There are a few bad seeds and they rear thier faces all at once as soon as a moderator tries to censor them.

I came to this forum for Windows Help, and got it. I stayed because everyone was so friendly.

I think bashing one forum on another forum is completely childish, and should not be done. I would expect the moderators of the Pit to delete posts saying WF is bad, as well as I would delete a post here saying the pit is bad.

Everyone needs to chill out, don't do anything drastic, have a beer (or several) and come back tomorrow.

You most definately should NOT resign - in any capacity of life - all you can do is your best. It will never be good enough in all areas. Accept that!

This has left a very sour taste though. I don't know what is lacking here - but something is. What is it that everybody is so touchy?

Surely this place is but a very small part of life for most people. For goodness sake - live and let live!!

I am new to this forum, and I just registered today because of the incident that's caused all of this nonsense. Although I was not in a position to take sides, I did seek an answer to stop the feud. After finding closure to the situation, I decided to become a regular for both this forum, and the pit. And with this closing line, a new member is born! :lol:

If, and I doubt it, you have made mistakes then you will have learnt something about this difficult job you are doing.

I was not around whilst all this nonsense was going on and have only managed to get a flavour from the posts I can find. I cannot see anything that I consider a resigning matter. So some members are complaining that this forum is too strictly moderated,hell I was banned from another place for daring to complain about the removal of one of my posts. Which I might add was not rude,offensive or insulting.

Nell take a break and think about it for a few days.

rowdy

Nellie if you go this forum WILL fall apart. Craig would be on his ownsome :(. Nel you are the mother hen (as was described by a friend of mine) this means you watch over us. You have always been there when we have needed you councelling. You have solved our HJT problems. You have made nearly 10,000 posts :o. You are an extremely enthusiastic admin. You participate in everything. Even though you are busy you give up your time to us. Dont ever say you did a bad job. You did an excellent job and deserve a hell of a pat on the back for this. Nellie you are the best admin i have seen in a long time. It is not your fault that some people (myself probably included) have caused annoyance here. Nellie if you leave im gone and im sure quite a few people will be leaving with you. You are the most respected person on the forum I rekon.