I resign

nellie2

Nel, as I have stated before I don't visit or post to WF as much as I would like to, but in my observation it would be a big loss to WF if you quit, please don't.

I think in most forums I have been in, Mods and members will take a certain amount of stick at some point (I think andsome was getting it several weeks ago) the trick is not to let it destroy the way you as a mod or you as a member feels about being a part of that forum.

As I haven't been on the forum much lately I don't know the full reasons what has brought this on, but I do think most people will get upset if a post is edited/closed before they think it should or they can get a reply in, or if they feel their post is unfairly edited which is why I think it's always a good idea to give a reason why a post is edited/closed/deleted. In my years in WF I think I have had only one post edited and I think it was powerless that edited the post, but he PM'd me about it and gave me his reasons for it, although I didn't totally agree with his reason, the PM at least gave me a insight into his thoughts on it and I was happy to reply to powerless and leave it at that

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that I was never going to get to the end of this thread, I am exhausted. I know that on the odd occasion I have upset one or two people. I do have a slightly wicked sense of humour, and maybe at times it doesn't come across quite as I mean it to. I can only assure everyone that I NEVER mean to cause offence, and people should not take offence. I have been strongly criticised by one particular mod, because I do set myself up as an Aunt Sally, and really relish any comments that are thrown back at me, so keep 'em coming. meantime if Nellie does go, she can rest assured that I really will find out by one means or another where she lives, and will break every window. She is my favourite little fairy, and has helped me out on MANY occasions. It would be nice if anything really contentious comes up, if it could be moved to a members only area, for further discussion, but PLEASE let's not allow personal attacks, even in this area. Let us just agree to disagree on some topics.

I would suggest that if any forum member wishes to post vitriolic comments about another member that we all pick on andsome. He adores the attention, deserves it and can give as good as he gets.

Nellie - please reconsider - you are much respected and need to adopt the good old adage "Don't let the b....s grind you down"

What has gone wrong is this forums purpose of a windows forum.

Now where I come from, that means:

1) A Place on the internet where people can come together and help each other out in the friendliest way possible.

Oh and a bit off-topic discussion where regular forum members can post all sorts [within the boundries of the guidelines] and well have a laugh. Have a debate...

Allow ones person view on the world not to be overshadowed by someones opinion. It does not matter whether a person is right or right......as long as its all within the guidelines. Oh ever thought off correcting someone?

Correct me if i'm wrong but the majority of members are adults? SO BLOODY WELL ACT LIKE IT.

Windows Forum should accept critism, praise, negativity and repsect its members for what they put into it. Wheather they help in the technical forums or provide a joke, they are the life - nothing more, nothing less.

What's the point in discussing a suggestion via PM, let everyone view it. Pass a few ideas around...brainstorm an idea.

And most importantly ANSWER A QUESTION.

My Point? Go back to what you know - It's a formula that works.

I am totally in agreement! :)

I think it's really bad that Northy has got the blame for all this!! It takes more than one person to cause all this fuss.

The main way this place has changed is because it has become more of a technical forum of late - yes, I know I already said that - not many people seem interested in any other topics. I realise that a lot of the newer members come here for help but the oldies(?sorry) are here for a bit of levity too. That seems to have got lost along the way.

I know the Pit has lots of tech sections too but in the general section, REAL conversations take place!! And they seem to share a bit of their life with each other. What do we all know of each other (or even care?).

As for all the PMs buzzing around - stop - and get it out in the open - the only way to get to get anything sorted out!

I would suggest that if any forum member wishes to post vitriolic comments about another member that we all pick on andsome. He adores the attention, deserves it and can give as good as he gets.

Nellie - please reconsider - you are much respected and need to adopt the good old adage "Don't let the b....s grind you down"

Come on then, have a go

Come on then, have a go

where do you want us to start andsome: cats or the French?  :)

In all honesty I am pretty sure that this thread would then be closed as having gone too far off topic. Bsides which this is a serious subject. We don't want Nellie to go.

Hi folks,

I have it on good authority that Nellie is not resigning from the forum.

She will be taking a little rest break, but will return soon  B)

Craig.

Thank goodness Nellie's reconsidered and is staying, I've always found her to be helpfull, fair and considerate. She is the 'Mother of the Forum'

andsome:

I like your sense of humour and also hate cats

I have not seen the posts that caused all the uproar and nearly forced nell to resign,

if she had done it would have been a sad loss.

As for artists comment about the levity on this forum not so long ago it nearly took the forum over, but perhaps now it has swung back too far in the other direction.

As for having a go at andsome, Craigs remarks over a certain member leaving to andsome were well out of order.

Nell have a few drinks then a few more, then when you are rested come back and whip us into shape.

Alan.

I have just finished reading the post in the pit.

Why has Northamuk been sacked.

If everyone got the sack for making a mistake there would be nobody in charge anywhere.

Northy resigned, he was not sacked :)

where is this pit that everyone talks about?

PCPitStop, another site for testing your system, they also have a forum.

Can I just ask that no one takes the postings on the Pit out of context... PCPitstop is a good site and there are a lot of very friendly people there.

Some comments were made by people who don't know us or the full story and were just showing support for their friends.

I'm happy to be associated with the Pit and will continue to visit when I have the time.

Just read my way through this thread, One of the most imporatant time in WF and i miss it!

Nellie you are a very kind and dear person to me and have been a close friend over the last year or so.

To be honest i could not see the forum being the forum without nellie

WF=NELLIE and NELLIE=WF

So So glad you have re-considered your position and hope that you have a nice deserved rest and come back with all guns blazing :flowers: :flowers: