67 Year old mother

andsome

Is the thought of a woman giving birth at 67, OBSCENE?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is the thought of a woman giving birth at 67, OBSCENE?

• Yes
    • No
    • No thoughts on the matter

No, I do not believe it is obscene.

It is her choice.

As for the argument "she won't live long enough to see her child grow", lots of us lose parents before we are grown.

I did.

People die young and old and through many different circumstances.

As long as the child is loved and cared for it doesn't matter how old, or young, the parents are.

No, I never had children of my own deuces, however, I did care for my ex-boyfriends son from age 5 till age 11.

And yes it was hectic as he is a brilliant child and very active.

It was one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences of my life.

I was 48 years old when he joined my life and was 53 when his father and he left my life. I still miss them as it was only 3 months ago.

My parents had me later in life and I am the youngest of 7 children. My mom was also a nanny and I remember being "big sister" to several children that we cared for. Most of them came to us right from the hospital, only days old and my mother raised them till they were 6 or 7 years old. She was in her late 40's early 50's when she stopped caring for them because she became ill.

She would be in her mid 80's now, and I think if she were alive she would still be taking care of children. It was her passion.

Also, my sister, who is 67 this year, looks after her grandchildren, ages 3 and 6 on a regular basis (at least 4-5 days a week including overnights) so you see I have a perspective of the woman's side.

I don't think age has much to do with it.

As I said, people die at various ages and people suffer from illnesses etc. at all ages.

So, I think, it is impossible for us to judge whether or not someone, at any age, will or won't be able to care for someone else.

I'm with Rong on this,

if she had the child without donated eggs, sperm and IVF treatment (she was to have triplets), then fine, but to give artificial treatment to a single mother of that age is wrong. Seemingly in Romania the average age to die is 73, if this happens to this lady the child will be 5/6 years of age, apart from it now being a orphan, who will look after the child ? I think it is extremely selfish on her part

I totally agree about the IVF issue.

I think at thast age she should have had a bit more foresight as to what it will mean for a child/teenager to have a parent that old, and to have been a bit less self centred.

I think there should be nature's cut-off time for having children naturally.

It is completly unfair to the child IMO. While many people lose their parents unexpectedly and way to early in life, its not like it was 100% going to happen. In this case, the mother is GOING to die early in the child's life.

As I said. There has been NO thought for the child, just the mothers ego

She wanted a child as a possession, the same as someone may want a new computer or a holiday etc. If she had any thought for the child, she would NOT have brought it into the world just to satisfy a whim, knowing full well that the odds on the child having a mother for a reasonable number of years were stacked against it. My father died well before I was three years old, and a month before my sister was born. It was always a source of trouble to us, but could not have been foreseen. Kids can be cruel, and it was NOT nice being taunted because my mother was a widow. There were many other factors that I won't go into now.

I am thinking about how difficult it could well be for the child growing up with a mother old enough to be a great grandmother. As I said I had enough taunting to put up with because my Father was dead. She has had this child out of a selfish whim, because she wanted to own something which she was tool old to do naturally.

Hmmm yes I can see your point as to how a woman wanting to have a baby is obscene

Assuming it was humanly possible, would you then agree that a 90 year old woman wanting to have a baby is a good and reasonable idea? According to your logic it is. Heck, she could give birth to the next Einstein....that makes it OK....eh? :rolleyes: