New Hope in Rome

catgate

The election of a new more "orthodox" pope has raised spirits in Rome. This is nowhere more noticable than in the stake manufacturers and the brushwood gatherers. The printing industry is also busier, due to the new rush orders for printed "Indulgencies". One of the more senior figures was heard to say, "We now look to the past with confidence!" It is claimed by Padua University that a new course is to be introduced called "The Flat Earth. How to Achieve it and Maintain it So" (in Latin of course)

The election of a new more "orthodox" pope has raised spirits in Rome. This is nowhere more noticable than in the stake manufacturers and the brushwood gatherers. The printing industry is also busier, due to the new rush orders for printed "Indulgencies". One of the more senior figures was heard to say, "We now look to the past with confidence!" It is claimed by Padua University that a new course is to be introduced called "The Flat Earth. How to Achieve it  and  Maintain it So" (in Latin of course)

Is he gonna start a Pope youth movement ;) ;)

The election of a new more "orthodox" pope has raised spirits in Rome. This is nowhere more noticable than in the stake manufacturers and the brushwood gatherers. The printing industry is also busier, due to the new rush orders for printed "Indulgencies". One of the more senior figures was heard to say, "We now look to the past with confidence!" It is claimed by Padua University that a new course is to be introduced called "The Flat Earth. How to Achieve it  and  Maintain it So" (in Latin of course)

Is he gonna start a Pope youth movement ;) ;)

If he does they might all fall off the edge of the flat earth :D :D :D

Joking aside - I have it on the highest authority - that he is to introduce the following Educational Programmes at evening classes.

1. Making hypocrisy work for you

2. Putting your prejudices into practice

3. Creative suffering during Lent

4. The inner joys of celibacy

5. Praying your way to fitness

I have it on the highest authority

It is such a pity that those poor benighted cardinals who have spent several days adding to the polution of the Rome air did not have a direct line to "The Highest Authority". That way the H A could have said "Get Monsegnieur Fred measured up for a new hat and frock, because he is the one who is next in line".

I think we should send Tony over to them. He would smarten their ideas up for them. He would have then all out of work in short order, and everything outsourced to India....Imagine that...Hari Krishna telephonic Cardinals...the mind boggles!!

I heard somewhere that there were more Muslim's than Catholics in the UK now ... sort of put the brown shirted gods mouthpiece's into some perspective as to his relevance to our country .....

Well done Henry VIII , long may he rest in peace

I'm still trying to work out how there could possibly be

"The inner joys of celibacy"

This is what is known as a religious mystery (a bit like the York mystery plays). The truth of it all can only be known to those initiated into the faith. And there you have the crux of it. Other mysteries include "How much can I get for the church silver?", "How can all these poor people continue to support the rich living of the clergy?", "Is it a sin if the Pope does not find out?", "Can I buy my way into Heaven?" and "Will the poor people really be there as well???"

Come on, people - each to their own! Wouldn't do for us all to think the same!

I agree. What has this man done to them? Better yet what do they think he will do to them?

I would guess not one of the detractors knows anything about him other than the snippets they read in the news.

And I wonder how many are not even Catholics. :rolleyes:

Pope bashing...you can take me Lord because I have now seen it all. :D

I'm saying nothing, as a Rangers supporter I only have to mention the word "Pope" and i'm accused of being a bigot and racist :D

Why - is there someone called Pope playing for Celtic?

No, but without going into it too deeply, the majority of the Rangers support are seen as Protestant and Celtic's Roman Catholi,c some of the Rangers fans sing songs that are not to complimentary about the Pope and Celtic supporters songs not to complimentary about the Queen.

The politicians in Scotland are making a big thing about it at the moment and making it out to be worse than it is, it takes peoples minds of the real issues like jobs, poverty, OAP's needs etc.