Adobe Reader 8

Chris

Adobe Reader 8 includes new document viewing options, advanced collaboration, increased time-saving ways to work with PDF files, and other new features to help you more securely and consistently communicate and collaborate using PDF files.

More | Here [Coming soon? You can download Version 8]

Download

I have been wondering whether or not to uninstall the earlier version prior to installing 8.0. The experts at the Adobe Reader forum recommended to do so. However, I just went ahead and installed it with the Reader version 7.0.8. No problem at all - it uninstalled it cleanly before installing 8.0.

But... I did take a full backup, just in case!

P.S. the new user interface is cool, and it is very much faster than any previous version.

Strange.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

The page has "comming soon" all over it. Even states that clicking the link will take you to 7.0.8, but when you click it, 8.0 comes up.

:huh:

Two hours later, clicking the link http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html will carry you to the Adobe Reader 8.0 download page.

post-1524-1165371851_thumb.jpg

Errr?

The Coming Soon page would have appeard to have gone now and they have updated the page and version 8 was available to download even with the old page up.

I'm that ...Quick!

I have been wondering whether or not to uninstall the earlier version prior to installing 8.0. The experts at the Adobe Reader forum recommended to do so. However, I just went ahead and installed it with the Reader version 7.0.8. No problem at all - it uninstalled it cleanly before installing 8.0.

But... I did take a full backup, just in case!

P.S. the new user interface is cool, and it is very much faster than any previous version.

I had one small problem after upgrading to 8.0

My Adobe Reader 7.0 shortcut was left on the desktop, and became a broken link. Other than that, all is well :)

Here's a Screen Shot (Nero's User Guide):

adobe8dq3.png

Each time I try to download the file I get an error message stating that the file has been corrupted - please try again.

Alan,

Try to download from an alternate location, e.g. http://www.majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Reader_d3852.html (I just checked the Adobe FTP site ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.0/ and found that there is no UK-English version available - only ENU, DEU, FRA, and JPN).

Adobe Reader 8 includes new document viewing options, advanced collaboration, increased time-saving ways to work with PDF files, and other new features to help you more securely and consistently communicate and collaborate using PDF files.

More | Here [Coming soon? You can download Version 8]

Download

Thanks Chris... done it!

• 4 weeks later...
If no one mentioned it yet, why use Adobe? Enjoy waiting for it to load? Get FoxIt Reader!!

Adobe Reader 8 is very much faster than any previous reader. I like it.

Regarding FoxIt; can it view Acrobat 8 files? So far nobody who recommends FoxIt has answered that question.

If no one mentioned it yet, why use Adobe? Enjoy waiting for it to load? Get FoxIt Reader!!

Regarding FoxIt; can it view Acrobat 8 files? So far nobody who recommends FoxIt has answered that question.

Send me one and I will let you know.

Can you download this file, open with Foxit, fill in some forms, then save it? Reopening should show the filled-in form data.

Yes

Edit: just tried again and found that I can write on the document but not in it, which I believe is what you wanted. With the popups I kept getting I get the impression that the paid for version dose more.

Can you download this file, open with Foxit, fill in some forms, then save it? Reopening should show the filled-in form data.

Downloaded perfectly with Foxit.