Don't laugh

Tankus

Six out of 10 of the nation's atomic stations are operating below capacity,

Independent

p44_elec-uk.gif

Brown outs in more ways than one

Long lead time to build power stations , even longer if the main building contractors go bust in the mean time ........

hope I get lots of wooly stuff for christmas ...this time ...just to wear

I've still got several boxes of candles left over from the 3 day week in the 60's or 70's.

I've also still got my petrol ration coupons from the Suez crisis just in case I need them - plus a large quatitiy of tinned beans and sprouts to support my methane generation project which my friends seem reluctant to share with me.

For a wind up torch I plan on propping my bike off its wheels - lower the dynamo onto the tyre and pedal like fury.

I've got a man to sort out all that kind of thing. :rolleyes:

yes but does his wind up ?

I have also withdrawn £500 and put it in my piggy..... just in case the ATMS go tits up

....Tuna ,soup, pasta ,rice, fry bentos, tinned veggies ,canned irish stew,tinned toms , beans . soap, toothpaste , ...even some effin spam multipacks now in a cupboard

next purchase ...some sort of portable cooker

I have also withdrawn £500 and put it in my piggy..... just in case the ATMS go tits up

....Tuna ,soup, pasta ,rice, fry bentos, tinned veggies ,canned irish stew,tinned toms , beans . soap, toothpaste , ...even some effin spam multipacks now in a cupboard

The soap was a waste of money...................... :lol:

I prefer Danish Spam. Never 'eard of your variety.

Good ideas there. Must put a wind-up torch on my list this week B)

got forty candles .... four is not enough

maybe a shottie ...and some ammo................................... fer rabbiting yer know ... bit difficult

wind up radio

brewers (5 gal) barrels for water storage ....... keep topped ...empty and refresh every week (Im not on a water meter )

tin foil ...to line the inside of my bobble hat if it really hits the fan at christmas

more bottled preserved fruit today from the deli and bottled veg from the polish , not tried them before

rice

and more wine

and more tin foil

Im now only eating from my freezer , in order to empty it ...4 drawers to get through ....why the bloody hell do I buy so many sausages ? ...... and frozen peas

Allotment huts are places where all the world's problems disappear.
so will your veg once it kicks off !

not got the cooker yet ....visit to millets or somewhere next weekend ..methinks

• 3 weeks later...

heh edf (my power supplier) had a major power outage today in 3 counties north of London ........

this is only the beginning

get your tin foil hats now and stock up ........ we are heading for the dark ages

Nearly 3,000 people across Hertfordshire are still without power.

The county is the main area to be affected by the power cut, which happened around 7.30pm last night.

Some 1,500 people across Buckinghamshire and Esexx are also without power.

EDF Energy, who own the electricity lines, hope to have ‘most and hopefully all’ the power restored by the end of the day.

watford observer

heh edf (my power supplier) had a major power outage today in 3 counties north of London ........

this is only the beginning

get your tin foil hats now and stock up ........ we are heading for the dark ages

Nearly 3,000 people across Hertfordshire are still without power.

The county is the main area to be affected by the power cut, which happened around 7.30pm last night.

Some 1,500 people across Buckinghamshire and Esexx are also without power.

EDF Energy, who own the electricity lines, hope to have ‘most and hopefully all’ the power restored by the end of the day.

watford observer

This is because this country is being told by the EU to shut down coal powered power stations in order for us to keep to co2 emission targets.

Talking of targets, the government has recently signed up to a binding agreement to reduce our co2 emissions by 80% by 2050.

This is all good but until an alternative to the internal combustion engine is found then these co2 targets are not achievable :huh:

Talking of targets, the government has recently signed up to a binding agreement to reduce our co2 emissions by 80% by 2050.

That's very understandable. None of them will be about when the excrement hits the fan. But for now they are "Concerned World Statesmen". (and very transparent prats)

That's very understandable. None of them will be about when the excrement hits the fan. But for now they are "Concerned World Statesmen". (and very transparent prats)

Yes just like all the government borrowing that is going on, Gordon Brown knows that he won't be around to pick up the pieces!