I trust you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Gandalph

Hi each. I trust you all had a good Christmas and a great New year.

Not so lucky at this end but I ain't going to bore you all with the details. I'm just happy to be back on track and looking forward to 2009 with you all.

Many thanks to the concerned person which PM'd me. I am comforted by the fact that people care. :flowers:

Thank you each. It's felt like a long haul but I made it. Not quite 100% yet but getting there. I had the best night's sleep last night since Boxing Day night. I was lucky if I was getting 4 Hours. :(

Pleased to hear you are getting better, I did not know you were ill :0

Keep ahowld marra :flowers:

Am hingin wir it marra.! :D

I went to bed Christmas Day night with a bit of an achy feeling but couldn't put a finger on the problem. When I woke up Boxing Day morning I couldn't move. Every joint in my body including my finger nails were aching. It took me an hour and a half to get up, I just felt paralysed. I ended up having to roll out of bed onto the floor then use the bedside cabinet to slowly get myself upright. The problem was I couldn't get upright. I managed to get to the toilet very slowly. I think a snail would have got there quicker to be honest. I guessed then I had some form of flue.

It's taken me two weeks to get back to anywhere near normal. I didn't start to feel mush better till last Sunday. Slowly over the days it wore off as it does.

I'm about ninety five percent of the way there now.

I hope you had a nice Christmas and a good New Year.

On top of all this, not that it would have mattered under the circumstances, both my hard drives went down the night before Christmas Eve. A hell of a time for that to happen with the holidays looming. I finally received a couple of HDD from Novatech on Wednesday and started a total rebuild. The Acronis Backup was on Drive D:\ for what good that was. :lol: :lol: :flowers:

Pleased to hear you are getting better, I did not know you were ill :0

Keep ahowld marra :flowers:

Am hingin wir it marra.! :D

I went to bed Christmas Day night with a bit of an achy feeling but couldn't put a finger on the problem. When I woke up Boxing Day morning I couldn't move. Every joint in my body including my finger nails were aching. It took me an hour and a half to get up, I just felt paralysed. I ended up having to roll out of bed onto the floor then use the bedside cabinet to slowly get myself upright. The problem was I couldn't get upright. I managed to get to the toilet very slowly. I think a snail would have got there quicker to be honest. I guessed then I had some form of flue.

It's taken me two weeks to get back to anywhere near normal. I didn't start to feel mush better till last Sunday. Slowly over the days it wore off as it does.

I'm about ninety five percent of the way there now.

I hope you had a nice Christmas and a good New Year.

On top of all this, not that it would have mattered under the circumstances, both my hard drives went down the night before Christmas Eve. A hell of a time for that to happen with the holidays looming. I finally received a couple of HDD from Novatech on Wednesday and started a total rebuild. The Acronis Backup was on Drive D:\ for what good that was. :lol: :lol: :flowers:

As I mentioned in another thread, just such a possible happening has made me paranoiac. I have a back up on drive D, and a copy on each of two external drives. I believe it's known as belt and braces. Glad that you are now sorted, and getting better in yourself. We are just hoping that this years flue jab is for the right virus, and that we have full protection. :D

both my hard drives went down the night before Christmas Eve. A hell of a time for that to happen with the holidays looming.

:0 Any idea what caused both hard drives to go down at the same time?

I haven't been able to find out Irene. I didn't know what to make of it at first but I think I am on the trail now. I had to download a load of updates. I am beginning to think that there was something wrong with one or more of them. But I am also thinking that wouldn't cause a total breakdown of an HDD.

A definate dodgy one was an update which I left behind. I can't remember what it was for but it was 0kb , 0min download time. Bit strange, as all the updates normally contain some information and take a bit longer than 0 mins to download. As I said that particular one was left behind. I have been on all afternoon with test gear and can't find any componant that could be ,or have, an intermittant problem. Everything is running OK at the moment so fingers crossed.

My next move, like andsome and a lot of others will be to get an external Caddy and do a bckup so that if the same problem occurs again at least I will have something to backup and restore from, rather than have to start from the bottom. It's a long haul.

At the end of the day all I can think of is that the C:\ drive, which is the original I put in when I built this machine about 4 years ago, went wonky and took the D:\ drive with it. It's not common but has been known before.

I feel a Mac comeing on. :D

I bought a 500GB external hard drive from Dabs.

Thats where I do my Acronis backups. ;)

I am just about to get on to the Novatech website and order a Caddy. I have an old, but good, 60GB HDD that I can shove in. At least I will be able to do an Acronis backup on that and at least have some sort of fall back.

Catch up with you later, My Little Huneysuckle Rose. :wub:

I am just about to get on to the Novatech website and order a Caddy. I have an old, but good, 60GB HDD that I can shove in. At least I will be able to do an Acronis backup on that and at least have some sort of fall back.

vomit-smiley-026.gif

vomit-smiley-026.gif

You as well andsome? Is there no end to the jealousy from members on this Forum. :lol:

vomit-smiley-026.gif

You as well andsome? Is there no end to the jealousy from members on this Forum. :lol:

4.gif4.gif4.gif