Off on holiday...

Irene

Have a lovely time. At least you can be sure of some sunshine.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. :flowers:

Looks a bit too hot for us.

Don't worry 'My Little English Rose" I've packed the rub-down lotion. :rolleyes:

:D

Shine on! 1.gif

to Cala d'or (Mallorca) on Sunday for a couple of weeks. biggrin.gif

Should be back on Sept 11th.

Might look in if I get the chance. wink.gif

Is that all you folks in the UK do all year? :rolleyes:

Anyway..........have a great time. B)

I believe that the UK work force do fare better than those in the US. When I used to get involved in doing the dreaded W word, I used to get three weeks annual holiday(vacation), plus two days at Easter, two days at Witsun, two days Spring bank holiday, two days late summer bank holiday, one day for May day, and a week at Christmas. No doubt others will correct me if I have missed any out. :D

I believe that the UK work force do fare better than those in the US. When I used to get involved in doing the dreaded W word, I used to get three weeks annual holiday(vacation), plus two days at Easter, two days at Witsun, two days Spring bank holiday, two days late summer bank holiday, one day for May day, and a week at Christmas. No doubt others will correct me if I have missed any out. :D

Luxury! I used to get fifty two days a year off. Every Sunday, (but only if I was lucky). :D

Not only in the UK but most of workers in Europe enjoy far more time off (and housing subsidies) from their employers than what we see in the US.

As I am retired I could now care less as everyday is a holiday! B)

Just being a smart ass................. :lol:

Blimey DW - your posts remind me of the British public transport system. You wait for ages for a bus to come along and you get a whole row of them one after the other.

Where ya been - we missed you................................... :lol:

Hi Alan. As both the misses and I are now retired we have been trying to enjoy our time off with boating, swimming, fishing and some light traveling.

Good news on the home front includes the fact that my son (US Marine) is leaving Iraq in a couple of days and returning to Okinawa...........the other good news includes the fact that my daughter is now engaged (wedding on 9-4-10) and is starting a better job in 2 weeks.

Despite our physical disabilities life is good for us :flowers: which reminds us every day how good we have it compared to many folks in this world.

We thank our Maker every day.

Not only in the UK but most of workers in Europe enjoy far more time off (and housing subsidies) from their employers than what we see in the US.

And then there is Japan - most workers get three days in Summer, and a week over New Year. (Of course, most get three or four weeks of regular vacation, but nobody dares to take them!)

And then there is Japan - most workers get three days in Summer, and a week over New Year. (Of course, most get three or four weeks of regular vacation, but nobody dares to take them!)

I have heard that about Japan. Here you would be ostracised by your work mates if you didn't take them :D

Hi folks... Just popped in to say hello. B)

Lovely and sunny here. Having a great time. Been out in the boat several times. Had some wonderful meals in the restaurants on the marina. My favourite is called S'ancora. Fab food and service. :D

Maypop back in later in the week...

Hi folks... Just popped in to say hello. B)

Lovely and sunny here. Having a great time. Been out in the boat several times. Had some wonderful meals in the restaurants on the marina. My favourite is called S'ancora. Fab food and service. :D

Maypop back in later in the week...

Put the computer away and relax woman :D

That's not very healthy, no wonder so many Japanese politicians and businessmen look so stressed out (in contrast to the very relaxed ordinary Japanese people I've met). You're doing the right thing PW, make the most of your holiday entitlements & have a nice time all you people going away.

Welcome back Irene - hope the holiday was splendid.

How's about a bikini piccy to show us your tan..... :rolleyes:

We had a great time, thank you. :D

I gave up on bikinis some time ago! :rolleyes:

Mondrago01600x450.jpg

Here is one of my two off-spring..

AnthonyandJane01600x450.jpg

... and one on our last evening, returning from a day out..

Sunset600x450.jpg

• 2 weeks later...