Forum Problems 22.07.16

AlanHo

There seems to be a bug infesting the forum.  When I log on to Unread Content; and sometimes when I try to post a new thread; I get a message that says "Something Went Wrong, please try again".   This sometimes means there really is a problem and I do need to post again - but on a few occasions I have checked and found the post was actually posted. Hence my recent duplication of some recent posts.

I have tried using IE, Firefox, Edge and Chrome - but all exhibit the same behaviour.

EDIT

When I posted this message the same thing happened - I got the "Something went wrong, please try again" message - but the message had actually been posted.  What's the betting it happens now when I hit the "edit Topic" button

EDIT

Buggeration - it happened again, and again.........

I can't get it to show unread topics - I get the "try again" message. I am having to check down each forum to see if there are posts I have not seen.

The forum has been flaky for quite a while - especially with posting pictures using a URL. Sometimes it will accept BB code and other times I have to use the "Insert Other Media" route. Sometime neither will work.

I normally post a joke and a picture every day - but you will see many days when I have not posted because the flaky forum made it at best difficult, at worst impossible.

I can't get it to show unread topics - I get the "try again" message. I am having to check down each forum to see if there are posts I have not seen.

The forum has been flaky for quite a while - especially with posting pictures using a URL. Sometimes it will accept BB code and other times I have to use the "Insert Other Media" route. Sometime neither will work.

I normally post a joke and a picture every day - but you will see many days when I have not posted because the flaky forum made it at best difficult, at worst impossible.

5 hours ago, AlanHo said:

There seems to be a bug infesting the forum.  When I log on to Unread Content; and sometimes when I try to post a new thread; I get a message that says "Something Went Wrong, please try again".   This sometimes means there really is a problem and I do need to post again - but on a few occasions I have checked and found the post was actually posted. Hence my recent duplication of some recent posts.

I have tried using IE, Firefox, Edge and Chrome - but all exhibit the same behaviour.

EDIT

When I posted this message the same thing happened - I got the "Something went wrong, please try again" message - but the message had actually been posted.  What's the betting it happens now when I hit the "edit Topic" button

EDIT

Buggeration - it happened again, and again.........

I've been getting the same message for about three weeks now Alan. The reason I never brought it up is because the Message had been posted so I saw no point in raising the subject matter. 

I too have been experiencing the same problems! 

I notified Craig about it on Thursday evening. 

He responded immediately and has raised a support ticket with Invision for them to investigate.

I'll contact him again to ask him to prompt some urgent action. 

Stay tuned!  :wink: