Meteorology question

Belatucadrus

Ah sahara dust then ... it looked very nice this morning with the blodd red sun. It turning into a nice afternoon now, bit breezy and sunny and very warm.

Was it back in the 70's a load of Sahara dust got blown over here? I remember all the window sills and cars coatied in red dust the day after.

2 hours ago, AlanHo said:

I noticed the same earlier this morning. The sun has gone gender neutral pink and the sky is Liberal yellow

Take shelter - the end is nigh.

Old Moore's Almanac was right at last...:rtfm::vibrate:

Old Moore's Almanac?

Hee,... hee .. I tried to predict the weather by astrology years ago.

If I get bored I might have a bash again and give you all a laugh here

2 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

So situation normal then ?

Just had (about one hour ago) a Neighbourhood Watch email sent by Borders Police to say that the storm forecast for today is going to hit us around midnight tonight and last till about 14:00 hrs tomorrow. Winds could reach up to 80 mph.  South Westerly. 

Great just when I've washed my hair as well. Bugger.

Sounds like it's time to make sure the candles, torches and camping gas stoves are where you can find them, then cross your fingers you don't need them. Remembering Murphy's law states that if they remain stashed in a highly inaccessible cupboard in the garage, when the power fails it will be pitch black you'll trip over stuff looking for them. then skin your knuckles on the hunk of junk you'd forgotten was there and you will almost inevitably require them all day. 

Well, the 'light' finally cleared up well and left us with lovely sunshine.  Still very windy though!  

I even sat outside for a short while - the sun was lovely and warm.  The garden has various protected areas, so I selected one with sun and fairly strong breeze and topped up my vitamin D.    :brilliant:

3 hours ago, Gandalph said:

topped up my vitamin D.  

That's the first time I have ever heard a Gin and Tonic called that Irene. :laughter:

No, it wasn’t G&T on that occasion, it was Bubbly with a dash of Cointreau.  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Belatucadrus said:

As Cointreau is made with Oranges it counts as one of your five a day, well it does in this house anyway. Now officially classified as health food.

Good point 'B'. :laughter:

On the strength of that, I'll have one in a little while...  :innocent: