Cant view my own topic

andsome

Sorry folks if you have answered my topic on printers but I can no longer access it. I get a message that I do not have permission to view the topic. No matter from which direction I try to reach it I cant. I have sent a message to Irene and I hope that she gets it. Now suddenly this lettering is leaning to one side.

It looks as though the thread has been deleted - I can't see my answer to your post either. It's gone from my profile list of posts I have made

Regarding your text going on the scunt - did you perchance press the italic button like what I just did - like?

Which board did you post it in and under what title - ?

Well I will repeat the gist of my reply.

I think you would be best served by going to Argos and replacing you printer with a nice Epson.. I have had four over the years and |I found them all very good value and not expensive  to run (even for a Yorkshire man). I usually get replacement inks from eBay.

Sorry Keith, but I can't see any trace of it.  

I, personally, have not been actively on the forum much today - too many other problems with health issues..

Just for practical reasons, could you try posting the same again?

The missing thread is another of life's mysteries. I can understand a thread disappearing if it got too risqué or argumentative. But not a technical help and advice thread.  I could not get onto the forum for about 30 minutes this morning, perhaps Murphy's law wreaked some havoc when it came to life again. I would imagine that if a mod had deleted it as unacceptable for any reason - they would let the originator know why.

I stick to my original recommendation of you getting another Epson Printer - with the caveat that you need to research that compatible cartridges are available for the one you chose. The latest Epson models will not accept compatible cartridges.  You need to move pronto while there are stocks of the superseded models available if you want to avoid spending nearly 60 quid on one set of 4 cartridges. The last set of compatibles cost me £5.99 plus postage

The other point I made is that my Epson XP 425 only gets used a couple of times a month to print quality Photos or as a copier. Despite the lack of use, I last changed the cartridges in April 2017 and they are still working OK. ( having now said that - I'm asking for trouble)

I have an OKI C511dn LED Colour Printer (laser) for general use - it is much cheaper to run than an ink jet and very much faster. 

Thanks everyone. Sorry you are not well Irene,neither of us are quite right yet. I will look further into the above mentioned printers. Irene,I had only had the two answers so there seems no point in repeating the posts.

I believe the canon copiers have just 2 cartridges - one for black and the other for all 3 colours. Also, the few compatible cartridges available are expensive. I had a canon before the Epson and it niggled me that I had to throw the colour cartridge out when only one of the colours was empty.

Hence cheap to buy but more expensive to run.

Unless I am wrong of course - regarding which there is every possibility the way lord Luck is treating me this week.

We have had a succession of electrical problems this week - a spent bulb breaking off in a table lamp ES lamp holder and me damaging it beyond repair. The door switch on our walk in wardrobe breaking apart. A fuse going in the microwave plug. A battery hand vac I use for the car coughing it's final cough. A bulb going in one of the bathroom glass ceiling lights which are the very devil to get at. The extraction fan in the downstairs cloakroom starting to give out what is probably a death rattle. For example.  Roll on Friday, we are off to Warners on the Isle of Wight for 4 days.

10 hours ago, andsome said:

Thanks everyone. Sorry you are not well Irene,neither of us are quite right yet. I will look further into the above mentioned printers. Irene,I had only had the two answers so there seems no point in repeating the posts.

What was the title of your original thread?

8 hours ago, AlanHo said:

I believe the canon copiers have just 2 cartridges - one for black and the other for all 3 colours

Correct, which I did mention first time around, what I also said was that the high capacity XL cartridges weren't working out too expensive as they last me ages. As with all things it will depend on your print volume, do a lot of colour printing and a device with individual colour tanks will work out cheaper to run.

12 hours ago, AlanHo said:

The missing thread is another of life's mysteries. I can understand a thread disappearing if it got too risqué or argumentative. But not a technical help and advice thread.  I could not get onto the forum for about 30 minutes this morning, perhaps Murphy's law wreaked some havoc when it came to life again. I would imagine that if a mod had deleted it as unacceptable for any reason - they would let the originator know why.

I stick to my original recommendation of you getting another Epson Printer - with the caveat that you need to research that compatible cartridges are available for the one you chose. The latest Epson models will not accept compatible cartridges.  You need to move pronto while there are stocks of the superseded models available if you want to avoid spending nearly 60 quid on one set of 4 cartridges. The last set of compatibles cost me £5.99 plus postage

The other point I made is that my Epson XP 425 only gets used a couple of times a month to print quality Photos or as a copier. Despite the lack of use, I last changed the cartridges in April 2017 and they are still working OK. ( having now said that - I'm asking for trouble)

I have an OKI C511dn LED Colour Printer (laser) for general use - it is much cheaper to run than an ink jet and very much faster. 

I cannot find either of these, they are discontinued, thanks for trying.

Many thanks to everyone for their kind assistance. Being a long time Epson user I have ordered a cheap Epson from Argos at £43.99 , including same day delivery today between 2pm and 6pm. XP 342. I have checked with CHOICE, and they supply compatible cartridges.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5806216

15 hours ago, IMTNT said:

I think pops deleted it, I don't know why.

Perhaps he tried to move it but failed.

Nothing to do with me. Why do you think I would delete (or move) a perfectly reasonable thread?

Shame on you!

To continue with the matter in hand, and I know this reply is too late but I have given up using inkjet printers. My printing is infrequent nowadays and I was finding that between one use and the next the jets were becoming clogged - so much so that they were permanently damaged - no small expense with an Epson with its permanent fixed jets.

There are some quite reasonably priced laser printers now and, although they may not be of photographic quality, are quite adequate for most purposes.

About a year ago I bought a scanner/copier/laser printer combo from Ebuyer (note not eBay) for less than £50. I use this as my standard printer as it is only rarely do I need colour. The scanner is fully functional and full colour, though. I'm more than happy with it.

The original post was answered by at least two people so it was definitely there. It was when I followed a link to it from an e mail that I found the problem. Water under the bridge now. I will see how my new cheapo one goes when it arrives later today.

16 hours ago, IMTNT said:

I think pops deleted it, I don't know why.

Perhaps he tried to move it but failed.

There would have been no need for pops to move the topic, it was in the correct place. Besides which he is far too experienced to have deleted it accidentally. I must admit that I can't see any reason for this post. Where did you get the idea from?

19 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

Have you considered the manual approach, strangely the initial set up cost for the printer is a bit lower but running costs are better. I understand the print speed is rather slower though.

fancolor-assortiment-30-crayons-de-coule

I have got so used to using the computer these days, that I have to greatest difficulty in wring legibly so I cannot take up this suggestion. SORRY, it was a good try.:laughitup:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

•  

The above is what shows when I tried to view one of the replies to the original topic.  I hope that this is of some assistance to the mods or Craig.